Window tint recs (in or near Gwinnett)?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I want to have a car tinted. Small economy car, 4 windows and back. I'm giving this car to my son and he may have it a very long time so want something that will last indefinitely. Trying to avoid the horrid bubbling, fading etc.
I'm not concerned with how dark it is, Lighter is better (for visibility/safety as he's a brand new driver). I'm more concerned with heat and UV/IR reflection. Just want to protect the interior and keep it cool if it suddenly starts to have spend time ungaraged for the first time in it's existence.
The few quotes I got were a shock. I 'thought' a quality tint job on a small car could be had for $200. I guess I'm wrong about that? :noidea: Last quote was $225 for the cheapest stuff they had and went all the way up to $700. :shocked:

I'm a little hesitant to try any of the Groupon deals though they appear to get good ratings. :noiidea:

Basically, I know nothing about it so just trying to determine what is realistic and looking for any first hand experience recs (or places to avoid).

Thanks.

I have been trying to find some quality tint as well. Too many bad reviews with the stuff on Amazon, any suggestions on a brand and type of tint for those of us that will be installing ourselves?
Pardon the hijack Geaux

Tint City over in Snellville did my 2021 Chevy around April. They did my truck for $235 , 4doors and rear window

Anything darker than about 35% Will possibly get him pulled over by LEO and at night he’ll have to let his windows down when pulling out of side streets to see well.

You will definitely want ceramic for the heat/UV protection

When I had this done he told me it would be a couple hours. He was actually done in less than an hour

Back
Top Bottom