• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Window tint recs (in or near Gwinnett)?

I have had great results with the 3m ceramic film 16 years on my f-350 and no problems. It was do at a shop in Cumming Ga.
Agree with the 3M ceramic. My 2010 Lariat was done with it by Oasis on HWY 9 IN Roswell 10 years ago and still looks new. The ceramic film really cut the heat down too.

I found them to be worth every penny. They've tinted 4 vehicles for us over the years with ceramic tint. No such thing as cheap quality tint. You get what you pay for.
I'm not looking for "cheap". But I'm not spending $500 either on this car for tint. Their quotes were the most expensive (by far) of any I've pinged. I'm sure they do good work.

I want to have a car tinted. Small economy car, 4 windows and back. I'm giving this car to my son and he may have it a very long time so want something that will last indefinitely. Trying to avoid the horrid bubbling, fading etc.
I'm not concerned with how dark it is, Lighter is better (for visibility/safety as he's a brand new driver). I'm more concerned with heat and UV/IR reflection. Just want to protect the interior and keep it cool if it suddenly starts to have spend time ungaraged for the first time in it's existence.
The few quotes I got were a shock. I 'thought' a quality tint job on a small car could be had for $200. I guess I'm wrong about that? :noidea: Last quote was $225 for the cheapest stuff they had and went all the way up to $700. :shocked:

I'm a little hesitant to try any of the Groupon deals though they appear to get good ratings. :noiidea:

Basically, I know nothing about it so just trying to determine what is realistic and looking for any first hand experience recs (or places to avoid).

Thanks.

Tintsmith in Lawrenceville is who I’ve used for 10 years, probably as many cars. Expert work and pricing is not cheapest but not highest either. Small car should be around $250 for 3M mid grade film. Ceramic will be $350-400. Oasis in Buford is top notch too but found them to be pricier than most.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tintsmith+lawrenceville&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#

I used About Tint in Buford on multiple vehicles. He was recommended by an ODT member who used to do window tinting. They did great work on multiple vehicles for me.

I went with 3m tint on the sides and 3m crystalline on the front windshield. Not cheap, but works amazing at keeping the sun out. I went with the crystalline on the front because my truck sits outside facing the sun everyday.

Every vehicle I have ever had … I tinted the windows. I’ve never paid over $300.
If you can’t see the Facebook post let me know I’ll get you a number for them
Just called, spoke to "Feraz". $200 for regular and $300 for ceramic. He wasn't sure of the brand of ceramic they use. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom