Windshield for 2004 VW Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

torinodan

Marines Icon
ODT Junkie!
161   0
Reaction score
There has to be someone that does an affordable windshield replacement or at least can help me pull one out of the junk yard without breaking it.....
Thanks again
In Fayetteville

Harbor Freight sells tools for windshield removal. After you get an air gap between the glass and the frame. Snake a piece of wire between the 2. You’ll need a partner on the other side. Tie the wire around a wood handle and saw at the sealant all the way around the edge.

Go slow, and be careful. If you crack the glass you’ll have to start again with another car.

It’s alot of work. I think there are some places that do the work to sell, and install used glass installed like this. I would look online and make some calls for prices before doing this myself.

I watched an older wrecking yard guy remove a windshield with a sharp knife to cut through the glue. I would imagine a guitar string, piano wire or fishing line could also be used to cut it out. This guy was old school.
He said the best way to drive home with the windshield was to sammich it between 2 tires. He then placed the windshield between two old tires and sat in the open bed of my truck. I drove 40 miles back home with no problems.

BIBM502 BIBM502 people came through and it was $250

Attachments

• 20220902_201625.jpg
    20220902_201625.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom