• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

With a heavy heart

TRS

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
7   0
Reaction score
Sadly due to impending use of executive orders to bypass the constitution and the rule of law, I am removing the item I have listed, hopefully I'm being overly cautious and the will of the people shall prevail. It saddens me our country is slowly but surely slipping into rule by edict vs the will of the people. As the water in the pot goes up one degree at a time, most will sit happily not realizing till it's too late that it's now boiling and the end is here.

I'm sure many will disagree, and sit smugly counting thier number of COVID shots, secure in the knowledge that the government won't allow the bank they use to fail, after all the FDIC is managed by the same people that have ensured Social Security is sound.

Seems like it may be time to plant a few extra rows of potatoes, skip a few range trips, take advantage of any grocery sales, and top off the propane tank.

No, it means the following statement copied from whitehouse.gov press release is very problematic, especially in light of the recent change in pistol brace definition. What's to say the DOJ can't define anyone selling, trading or gifting a firearm will be considered "engaged in the business" by a new definition, another step in the road to universal registration, and ultimately confiscation. But of course most people "know" this will never happen. Just like they "know" those 4473s are sacred and would never be used for registration/confiscation purposes. And of course there is no such thing as a classified executive order, because that would be like an end run around the constitutional process and they would never be used to do that.

Specifically, the President is directing the Attorney General to move the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation by clarifying, as appropriate, the statutory definition of who is “engaged in the business” of dealing in firearms, as updated by the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act

Back
Top Bottom