• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

with all the 9mm carbine craze

I thought the reason pistols came about was the ease of carry. When it comes to giving a critter a dirt nap, rifles were the way to go. I understand why a person would want to shrink a rifle to a pistol like an SBR but it seems to me pointless to increase the size of a pistol unless you're worried about ammo prices or are incapable of shooting because of recoil issues.

PCC's make ballistic sense if the extra barrel length gives you an increase in velocity.

Unfortunately many of the semi-auto rounds really are maxed out at 6 inches or so, and the revolver rounds that really benefit don;t works well in semi-autos.

That being said, they are amazingly fun guns to shoot.

Well if anyone is interested, PSA is running a $299 special on a complete midlength upper with bcg + ch. Glock compatible lowers are on sale too. Comes out to $576. Don't ask me how I know. I hate PSA so much, but apparently not *that* much.

On a totally separate note, I really wish the Chiappa 9mm M1 carbine wasn't such a cheap pile of garbage. It had so much potential to be an awesomely fun range toy.

Yeah, I had one of those in 22 and wasn't super impressed.

I did fall in love with the ATI/GSG MP-40 in 9mm at the show, but that's not really a PCC.

Back
Top Bottom