• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

With winter returning this week...

Any advice on when to plant baby tomato plants? I thought about making a grow room in the basement since I haven't been very successful at growing them outside...
Hope you don't loose your berries ;)

I haven't noticed many buds on the apple trees yet, so maybe they'll be OK....Crabapples and pears are a different story. I hope the muscadine are OK.

Talked to my mom. Her and dad forgot more about gardening and orchards than I know.
She says trees will be OK. We have not had hard freezes in Carrollton.
My pears, crabapples, blueberries, almonds and plums are blooming or have bloomed.
Peaches, apples, paw-paws and aronia are budding, but not blooming yet.

Talked to my mom. Her and dad forgot more about gardening and orchards than I know.
She says trees will be OK. We have not had hard freezes in Carrollton.
My pears, crabapples, blueberries, almonds and plums are blooming or have bloomed.
Peaches, apples, paw-paws and aronia are budding, but not blooming yet.
The trees will certainly survive but the fruit will be gone (on many of) mine. Just went and covered a miniature peach. Not sure it'll help with tomorrow's night forecasted lows. The regular peach is already bloomed out so it's done. One of the crabappbles isn't open all the way so I'll hope against hope on that one. Also tried to cover a very young pomegranate that has already taken a freeze hit on it's early growth. It happened year before last and killed it to the ground. I might be pushing a rope with where it's planted. :( But I'll give it the good fight. Can't do anything for the blueberries.

Back
Top Bottom