• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman killed by her own 2 dogs while on a walk?

Do you think theres ALOT more to this story?

• Total voters

Brothers In Arms

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
312   0
Reaction score
I looked around here on odt and did not see this posted elsewhere yet so.......

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article190157904.html

As an owner/lover of several apbt's myself, my question is how many of you think there is something a bit awry here? We may never know, and of course i am deeply saddened for her and her family...her dad evidently found her....but i am honestly stunned to think my personal dogs could/would ever turn on me. Your thoughts....

BTW......I could NOT care less about folks who have never owned and loved apbt's, and their baseless opinions....but it is still a free country, so by all means go ahead and make an ass out of your self if you want to.

I will be the first to make an ass out of myself.
Based only on anecdotal evidence, I think the American Pit Bull Terriers are, today, a defective breed that is too prone to be viscious or at least unpredictable-- they can snap and turn on people (or other pets) without warning.
I'm not saying they should be banned, but a pit bull is to the dog world what a Draco AK pattern pistol is to the gun world. It's not the same level of risk if it goes bad.
Nope, I've never owned one. I'm sure the great majority of them haven't killed or maimed any people (yet).
(Just kidding about the "yet." I know most will NEVER injure a human.)

Should have been carrying. I have two 'wild' pitbulls down the street. As long as they back off when I command them to, I'll continue to allow them to live. One lunge and they're done.

I agree 100%. Pb owners have to understand the responsibilities that come with ownership....no different than leaving a loaded pistol on a table with kids in the house. But yet people leave dogs unattended every day. I had a pack of 6 or 7 pb's come up on me years ago unexpectedly....i flipped into pissed off drill instructor mode (no i never was one, but i was around them enough), and all but one ran away....the last one thought twice the angrier he saw me get.

I will be the first to make an ass out of myself.
Based only on anecdotal evidence, I think the American Pit Bull Terriers are, today, a defective breed that is too prone to be viscious or at least unpredictable-- they can snap and turn on people (or other pets) without warning.
I'm not saying they should be banned, but a pit bull is to the dog world what a Draco AK pattern pistol is to the gun world. It's not the same level of risk if it goes bad.
Nope, I've never owned one. I'm sure the great majority of them haven't killed or maimed any people (yet).
(Just kidding about the "yet." I know most will NEVER injure a human.)

I respect your opinion man.

Back
Top Bottom