Woman mauled by her own pitbull dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
A Massachusetts woman died on Friday after being attacked by her own pitbull while she was having a seizure, according to a press statement by the Bristol County DA’s Office. The victim was identified as Melissa Astacio (44), whom family members said was known to have seizures.

Police got a 911 call for the attack just before 5:30 p.m. Friday. After arriving on the scene at Lees River Avenue, officials had to use a Taser to subdue the dog, which police say is an 8-year-old pit bull. She was taken to the local hospital where she was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m.

The dog is currently in possession of the Swansea Animal Rescue at its facility. Police are continuing to investigate the case.

https://www.wsbradio.com/news/natio...-while-having-seizure/9PyFCa5V87bPemKmYpKNTM/

I just don't understand why these dogs are so popular.... One guy I know was attacked by three of them & seriously injured. He had to get help to beat them off of him. Know of another case where two of them killed and consumed another dog in a house.

Thor doesn't bite, he just punches you.
IMG_20191228_004926.jpg
FB_IMG_1566875242667.jpg
IMG_20191105_122346.jpg

I have three of them, all three are lovers. Mess with the wife and the one will attack though. That’s her job though and she will die protecting her. Other two are scared of everything and anything.

All dogs can be mean and attack, I was a volunteer and bit many times, none were from a pit though. People make them something they aren’t, there’s thousands of attacks a day from all breeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a neighbor that had two, mature and seemingly well socialized Pit Bulls.

They returned home day and one dog had killed the other - their home looked like a crime scene. They were traumatized and have adandoned the breed.

We have a Mini-Aussie with guarding tendancies which lead him to sometimes become outwardly aggresive regarding "his" things. We are working with a professional trainer with this young dog.

Most dogs were bred for specific roles - these instincts are strong and can bubble up with little to no provocation, including aggression.

I can physically control the little Aussie if I must - I would be much less sure of a full grown Pit Bull.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom