Women fighters.

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I guess I'm the last man on the planet that finds the concept of professional women fighters disgusting and finds the fascination around it depressing. :confused:
Born 100 years too late I suppose. :noidea:
But yeah... women's lib, gender neutrality, and "progress" I guess... :tsk:

Never thought about it. If the thread started out women in combat I would wholeheartedly agree. Guess I just look at fighting like any other sport. I am not at all interested in women's fighting but not disgusted, just meh.

Never thought about it. If the thread started out women in combat I would wholeheartedly agree.
An interesting point. You view them completely differently apparently and so do I. While I don't support women on the front lines, I certainly don't find it demeaning.
I guess I grew up where being a "lady" meant something and getting paid to fight for entertainment was no where in the equation. Likewise a "gentleman" would have never found it entertaining much less becoming.
This by the way isn't an admonishment (I'm also old enough to realize that would be wasted cyberspace). It's a genuine bewildering observation.

Women in battle? Their is a place for them, but not on the ground in a battle. Maybe a FOB or in the air. But if I am on the ground and hit, I don't want to depend on a female, to pull me out of the line of fire. I love women, but in a ground battle, they have no place to fill in my humble opinion.

I had plenty of females in my platoon/squad over the years....I would honestly go to war with and depend on about 1/2 of em.

I guess I'm the last man on the planet that finds the concept of professional women fighters disgusting and finds the fascination around it depressing. :confused:
Born 100 years too late I suppose. :noidea:
But yeah... women's lib, gender neutrality, and "progress" I guess... :tsk:
I am all for equal opportunity and such but I have the same sentiments. In fact, while I was once a big boxing fan, I now think it is somewhat a brutal form of "entertainment". Though I admit I still appreciate the skill and commitment of the boxers.

An interesting point. You view them completely differently apparently and so do I. While I don't support women on the front lines, I certainly don't find it demeaning.
I guess I grew up where being a "lady" meant something and getting paid to fight for entertainment was no where in the equation. Likewise a "gentleman" would have never found it entertaining much less becoming.
This by the way isn't an admonishment (I'm also old enough to realize that would be wasted cyberspace). It's a genuine bewildering observation.

I'm raising two daughters in this gender neutral mess and it seems like the only thing society applauds as feminine is a woman's body. Everything else is about being able to do what the boys can do.

Back
Top Bottom