• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women fighters.

I guess I'm the last man on the planet that finds the concept of professional women fighters disgusting and finds the fascination around it depressing. :confused:
Born 100 years too late I suppose. :noidea:
But yeah... women's lib, gender neutrality, and "progress" I guess... :tsk:
I'm raising two girls and of course part of that is teaching them to defend themselves but this is different.

In all honestly I am not a sports fan, I just dont have an interest in watching any of it. But while I find mens fighting as boring I agree that something just seems "wrong" with womens fighting.

I guess I'm the last man on the planet that finds the concept of professional women fighters disgusting and finds the fascination around it depressing. :confused:
Double edged sword. On one hand I wouldn't mind my wife being able to help me out in a brawl....but I wouldn't want her kicking me in the mouth either.

These chicks are really blurring the line between male and female. I don't see it as disgusting, I just feel the same way as I do about any other female sport... BORING

There have been women fighters throughout human history. Nothing new about it.

I prefer to watch women fighters because for them to be truly good they must typically rely on technique and skill more than male fighters.

Double edged sword. On one hand I wouldn't mind my wife being able to help me out in a brawl....but I wouldn't want her kicking me in the mouth either.
Make no mistake about it, I have no problem with women being able to defend themselves! I'm talking about it being a 'spectator sport'.

These chicks are really blurring the line between male and female. I don't see it as disgusting, I just feel the same way as I do about any other female sport... BORING
Sort of like women body builders? :yuck: Which is NOT to be confused with the "Miss Fitness" competitions. THAT I 'get'. :)
There have been women fighters throughout human history. Nothing new about it.
I prefer to watch women fighters because for them to be truly good they must typically rely on technique and skill more than male fighters.
Women fighting, to knock each other out as a popular commercial spectator sport is most certainly a new manifestation (in this country at least). My comments have nothing at all to do with any talents required.
It's about our ever shifting definition of gender distinctions and expectations. They are obviously non-existent today. Some view that as good.

Sort of like women body builders? :yuck: Which is NOT to be confused with the "Miss Fitness" competitions. THAT I 'get'. :)
Women fighting, to knock each other out as a popular commercial spectator sport is most certainly a new manifestation (in this country at least). My comments have nothing at all to do with any talents required.
It's about our ever shifting definition of gender distinctions and expectations. They are obviously non-existent today. Some view that as good.
Man, am I about to sound like a liberal.

It's not about "our" shifting definition. It's about men's shifting definition. I'm quite sure that the only reason we did not see this long ago is because of male dominance over what was acceptable for a woman to do. There have always been women that are tough as nails and love to fight. Even straight ones. LOL!

You know I'm all about individual freedom. If women can do this and make a living at it now, good for them. And yes, I like strong women, both mentally and physically. I think they compliment the strong man at their side.

Back
Top Bottom