Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Women fighters.

Thread in 'Sports' started by GeauxLSU, Nov 15, 2015.

1. GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU Moderator Staff Member

35   0

Rating
    100%
    I guess it's subjective. But the pay per view take and the purse qualifies it as popular enough to spark my OP. This isn't two drunk chicks fighting over their man outside some dive. ;)

2. albatros43

albatros43 Jackwagon Supporter

Supporter

156   0

Rating
    100%
    I hear you, but Ronda Rousey is popular. Take her away and the draw is gone. She's been touted by Joe Rogan as a once-ever figher and the most dominant person in any sport, ever. All this after winning 12 professional fights. She is a media creation, and billing her as the Mike Tyson of women's MMA is what has driven women's MMA popularity.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  3. ECJ62

ECJ62 Frontiersman

16   0

Rating
    100%
    These chicks look terrible in fighting form, but most of them clean up pretty well. Just saying Ronda Rousey in an evening dress at the weigh-in is fine. Its just a bonus that she can kick the **** out of you if she dosen't get her's.

Tony2X likes this.
  4. Bear44

Bear44 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

167   0

Rating
    100%
    I like excellence in any sport, but especially the combat sports. I also think strong women add to the strength of a society and we need a strong society. The effect of more strong women will have the opposite effect on men than you think it will. You don't see many, if any, of these women hooking up with weak men. They demand a strong man.

One of my best friends is a tough as nails female detective on a local PD. She is feminine right up until she's not. Then watch out! Her husband is a former Recon Marine and currant LE. Nothing effeminate about this guy at all.

Tony2X likes this.
  5. GeauxLSU

35   0

Rating
    100%
    I'm not worried about what it will do to 'men'. I'm worried about what it already says about 'ladies and gentlemen'. They are both going extinct.
    Do you pay money to watch her fight?
    [Broken External Image]:

6. Bushwick100

Bushwick100 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

203   0

Rating
    100%
    I recently said this same thing to some friends, the women in the group got OFFENDED, I told them I will lay DOWN my big ass body on the ground, let's simulate that I just took 2 rounds to my legs, now carry my big ass to the Medical station, NOT a WORD from any of the WOMEN!!! Then, my wife showed up!!!

7. Bear44

Bear44 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

167   0

Rating
    100%
    I don't think fighting excludes a woman from being a lady. I grew up in the world of martial arts and have known many women fighters that were perfectly fine young ladies. Outside of the Dojo you would not have been able to tell they were fighters at all. Just typical girls in all other aspects. As a young man I actually "knew" a few that were damned hot.

Hell no, I don't pay to see her fight. I get that for free. LOL!

Tony2X likes this.
  8. rlmblm21

rlmblm21 ODT Junkie! Supporter

Supporter

12   0

Rating
    100%
    Hell yeah! (And I'm a girl.)

And Geaux, this is yet another reason I just love you.

I share some of your feelings, and have said almost the exact same things as AA above. We are not "equal"; we complement each other. We are meant to be partners, a team, and a community. Female skills, intuition, nurturing are needed in a family and in a community. Likewise, male protectors, hunters, providers are also needed. Yes, there are crossovers; those that are better at what is typically the other gender role. And when that happens, more power to you for finding your strengths and contributing in the way you're best suited.

I hate that today's society by and large has to mess this balance up by proving we're all equal. That's the first mistake we make as a society. We should be reveling in our differences and building up people who bring different skills in, rather than pushing an agenda that we are all the same.

9. GeauxLSU

35   0

Rating
    100%
    Is it my inability to state the clear difference between a spectator blood sport with women participants and women being trained in self defense, or are you not wanting to discuss the distinction?

10. jloneill17

jloneill17 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter

138   0

Rating
    100%
    yeah, I don't want to see two women fight. I have not interest in that. now if they want to kiss and rub each other.... i'll watch that all day long.