• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women fighters.

I guess it's subjective. But the pay per view take and the purse qualifies it as popular enough to spark my OP. This isn't two drunk chicks fighting over their man outside some dive. ;)

I hear you, but Ronda Rousey is popular. Take her away and the draw is gone. She's been touted by Joe Rogan as a once-ever figher and the most dominant person in any sport, ever. All this after winning 12 professional fights. She is a media creation, and billing her as the Mike Tyson of women's MMA is what has driven women's MMA popularity.

Last edited:
These chicks look terrible in fighting form, but most of them clean up pretty well. Just saying Ronda Rousey in an evening dress at the weigh-in is fine. Its just a bonus that she can kick the **** out of you if she dosen't get her's.

Please. :rolleyes: I've specifically said, and you know, I have NO problem with 'strong' women or women being able to defend themselves. Women in blood sports as a 'entertainment' (and predominately for 'men') is hardly the same thing. I get you like it. That's great. There's a thriving industry that shares your sense of entertainment. My post was a comment on changing social norms.
I like excellence in any sport, but especially the combat sports. I also think strong women add to the strength of a society and we need a strong society. The effect of more strong women will have the opposite effect on men than you think it will. You don't see many, if any, of these women hooking up with weak men. They demand a strong man.

One of my best friends is a tough as nails female detective on a local PD. She is feminine right up until she's not. Then watch out! Her husband is a former Recon Marine and currant LE. Nothing effeminate about this guy at all.

I'm not worried about what it will do to 'men'. I'm worried about what it already says about 'ladies and gentlemen'. They are both going extinct.
One of my best friends is a tough as nails female detective on a local PD. She is feminine right up until she's not. Then watch out! Her husband is a former Recon Marine and currant LE. Nothing effeminate about this guy at all.
Do you pay money to watch her fight?
[Broken External Image]:

Women in battle? Their is a place for them, but not on the ground in a battle. Maybe a FOB or in the air. But if I am on the ground and hit, I don't want to depend on a female, to pull me out of the line of fire. I love women, but in a ground battle, they have no place to fill in my humble opinion.
I recently said this same thing to some friends, the women in the group got OFFENDED, I told them I will lay DOWN my big ass body on the ground, let's simulate that I just took 2 rounds to my legs, now carry my big ass to the Medical station, NOT a WORD from any of the WOMEN!!! Then, my wife showed up!!!

I'm not worried about what it will do to 'men'. I'm worried about what it already says about 'ladies and gentlemen'. They are both going extinct.
Do you pay money to watch her fight?
[Broken External Image]:
I don't think fighting excludes a woman from being a lady. I grew up in the world of martial arts and have known many women fighters that were perfectly fine young ladies. Outside of the Dojo you would not have been able to tell they were fighters at all. Just typical girls in all other aspects. As a young man I actually "knew" a few that were damned hot.

Hell no, I don't pay to see her fight. I get that for free. LOL!

I think men and women are made different, have different roles, different parts, different attitudes. One is better at one thing the other is better at another thing. This "equality" thing is hogwash. Not everybody is the same. It seems funny to me that the progressive way of thinking wants to "put everybody on equal ground" and sadly the country is more and more buying into this. When you find something you're not good at move on to the next thing. Don't demand a trophy for showing up. The only way to make people equal is to hobble the best to become like the worst. .02
Hell yeah! (And I'm a girl.)

And Geaux, this is yet another reason I just love you.

I share some of your feelings, and have said almost the exact same things as AA above. We are not "equal"; we complement each other. We are meant to be partners, a team, and a community. Female skills, intuition, nurturing are needed in a family and in a community. Likewise, male protectors, hunters, providers are also needed. Yes, there are crossovers; those that are better at what is typically the other gender role. And when that happens, more power to you for finding your strengths and contributing in the way you're best suited.

I hate that today's society by and large has to mess this balance up by proving we're all equal. That's the first mistake we make as a society. We should be reveling in our differences and building up people who bring different skills in, rather than pushing an agenda that we are all the same.

I don't think fighting excludes a woman from being a lady. I grew up in the world of martial arts and have known many women fighters that were perfectly fine young ladies. Outside of the Dojo you would not have been able to tell they were fighters at all. Just typical girls in all other aspects. As a young man I actually "knew" a few that were damned hot.

Hell no, I don't pay to see her fight. I get that for free. LOL!
Is it my inability to state the clear difference between a spectator blood sport with women participants and women being trained in self defense, or are you not wanting to discuss the distinction?

Back
Top Bottom