• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women shoots and kills intruder in Marietta last night

Grigg Street does not have $350K homes on it. And poor people get robbed, burgled a whole lot more than rich people (at least in Macon). Never understood that, but it's true.

Why do they rob c-stores? Banks are where the money is.

"He was a gentle person."
"He was planning to go back to school and get his G.E.D."
"He was interviewing for a job next week."
"He was a good daddy to his kids."
"He was trying to get his life back on track."
"He was hanging around the wrong people."

I don't think it's fair to call these thugs Dindus, they clearly aren't doing nothing. They are always very busy just before their dirt naps.

I propose a new appellation: "Hewuz"

OSHA should demand that all self-employed burglars and home invasion robbers send their employees (themselves) to seminars to learn about the occupational hazards of doing that kind of work in the gun-loving, criminal-hating South.

Actually, scratch that idea. If OSHA got involved, we'd all have to register our homes as potential workplace sites for criminals, and WE'D have to attend training classes how to remove hazards from those "un-invited property rehoming contractors" that may visit our homes.

She did good, saved her life possibly. But now all holy hell of the court proceedings will waste 40k of her savings once the guys family and attys get involved. I just hope and pray I'm never put in that situation. I don't need another bill to pay.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Your right she did a good job....and if I judicial system what it should do,she should never have to worry about being sued for this...but our system seems to a little messed up....hope it works out for the best for her

The cop said they [the detectives] "are getting a warrant for the home."

So they want to search it.... did the homeowner refuse? Did they ask for consent to search?
Maybe the warrant is a C.Y.A. thing... just in case the homeowner says she was mentally unfit to give informed consent, or was coerced into it.

Now, the next thing: Search warrants are supposed to be to get evidence of a CRIME. Do Marietta cops think the woman committed a crime? Does the fact that all the "self defense" or "defense of habitation" laws are affirmative defenses (exceptions to the general rule about not shooting people) mean that cops can ignore obvious circumstances of a good defense and get a search warrant (or arrest warrant) anyway, at this early stage?
Or should a magistrate judge, when asked to sign-off on such a warrant, demand that the cop seeking the warrant explain why it's not lawful self-defense (or defense of habitation) as the armed citizen claims?

Or, is the only "crime" being investigated here the crime of burglary by the intruder, and it's evidence against HIM that cops seek to find and preserve through a search warrant?

Back
Top Bottom