• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Won’t accelerate past 60-65

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated before, if the honeycomb in the cat. conv. brakes, and a large chunk blocks exh. flow, it'll cause a tremendous loss of power. Have someone rev the engine, while you hold your hand at the tailpipe(the car's, not theirs). If there's very low output, the exh. is blocked.
^^^^^^^^^
Yep had problems similar to this, blocked cat. Hissing you you hear is the exhaust gas trying to escape anywhere. No power, no code, yep, look for blockage first.
If nothing else your exhaust would be eliminated.

^^^^^^^^^
Yep had problems similar to this, blocked cat. Hissing you you hear is the exhaust gas trying to escape anywhere. No power, no code, yep, look for blockage first.
If nothing else your exhaust would be eliminated.

Had this problem on a small engine. It hissed after shutdown. But I did not find it till after hours of troubleshooting. Engine would start and run, but had no power.

At least it was an easy fix once the problem was found.

All pretty vague. I'd find someone who can diagnose in person.
Whaaaaaatttttt! And get it actually fixed??!! Hell ne! Post some vague azzed description on the interwebs and sit back and wait for it to fix itself!!

BTW.....what does "sounds like a spray bottle" mean??? I have been fixing car for a living for 30 some odd years and never heard that description before.....

Back again. Borrowed some tools (at work don’t have mine on me) and got the engine cover off. If I pull on the throttle the “spraying” noise comes back as it revs. Was going to take a video to post but my phone died so I’ll update with a video later.

I haven’t had the chance to see how much is coming out of the tail pipe I’ll have to wait until lunch when I have a extra person.

About the hissing. I hear it when the engine is running but when I turn it off it doesn’t continue so if it is that it’s not holding pressure long I’m guessing.

I won’t really be able to pull anything apart until I get home.

Before the internet, when someone would call the shop and ask what was wrong, we would tell them to back up to the phone and rev the engine. :thumb:

Seriously, someone needs to lay hands on it and do a proper diagnosis. We are all guessing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom