• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wood turning

The 2 wood ones took some time. Made out of a Jack Daniels battel then took charcoal and inlaid as bands around it to make it look like a barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_001201_143.jpg
    IMG_20180623_001201_143.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 83
I have a tiny little Craftsman lathe. The belt broke so I bought an O ring that lasted a couple years, well that broke too....... Was shooting at the range and when I was leaving I looked down and saw a little Rubber belt on the ground. Not even certain what it went to. Stuck it in my pocket and put it on the lathe when I got home and BAM! It works again.

I have made handles for Lyman small mold handles (when the old ones got burnt off) I also have made a handle for my Lyman 45. These were made before the belts broke.

Recently I made some stielhandgranates for a buddy who is a WW2 miniature collector.IMG_2422.jpg

I turn as a hobby as well. Pens, bowls, wine stoppers, handles for ice cream scoops, pizza cutters, coffee scoops, razors, pie servers, cheese planes, letter openers....the list goes on and on. I sometimes bring my turning to meet and greets and swap meets.

Back
Top Bottom