• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woohoo, we're famous... Oh wait...

And I completely agree with it. I've been here 7.5 years and I've always said it's as if they didn't plan out the city before they built it. They just kept adding on without any R&D or something like that. I lived ITP for about 6 years or so and the rest has been OTP. I've loved Atlanta, but I can't stand anything that has to do with driving in it. The roads are designed poorly, street names just randomly change on the same road for no apparent reason, half the streets are named Peachtree something, 400 dips down into 85 which merges with 75 and then all of that traffic runs into the intersection with 20. Yea, all of the major highways lead to the same place, the center of the city. It still baffles me.

I met some folks at a concert in Atlanta a few years ago, they had flown here from LA. I have never had the displeasure of going to LA, but they said the traffic in Atlanta was WAY worse.

Yes, ATL traffic is awful. But, D.C. traffic and ALL traffic in the burbs around that cesspool is a pure nightmare.

It wouldn't be so bad if the people knew how to drive. Sanely. But yeah, ATL's layout and road network is an interesting study in history and "organic engineering" (ie: mindless).

And I completely agree with it. I've been here 7.5 years and I've always said it's as if they didn't plan out the city before they built it. They just kept adding on without any R&D or something like that. I lived ITP for about 6 years or so and the rest has been OTP. I've loved Atlanta, but I can't stand anything that has to do with driving in it. The roads are designed poorly, street names just randomly change on the same road for no apparent reason, half the streets are named Peachtree something, 400 dips down into 85 which merges with 75 and then all of that traffic runs into the intersection with 20. Yea, all of the major highways lead to the same place, the center of the city. It still baffles me.
I'm pretty sure the name changes occur when a street gets a bad reputation. We don't address the problem, we change the name.

Back
Top Bottom