• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

woops, i almost sold a fake optic

I've stated many times over the years that counterfeits optics are everywhere, and buyers should beware.
Musical instruments are another arena where doing one's due diligence can save a lot of headaches, especially when buying used.
Militaria is anofher. WW2 and Civil war artifacts are awful for fakes.
It goes on and on...

there is another site like that one
very cheap stuff

showed to neighbor
he knows about this from his work place
he said there is problem with shipping, you may or may not get it
and no recourse for you to resolve

and if paying with credit card, there is the credit card fraud
one of his workers had another charge posted to his card right after he made a purchase

Buyer Beware

I've stated many times over the years that counterfeits optics are everywhere, and buyers should beware.
Musical instruments are another arena where doing one's due diligence can save a lot of headaches, especially when buying used.
Militaria is anofher. WW2 and Civil war artifacts are awful for fakes.
It goes on and on...
Anything they can make money on. Clothing, cutlery, auto, firearm accessories, electronics, movies, tools, and the list goes on and on...

Anything they can make money on. Clothing, cutlery, auto, firearm accessories, electronics, movies, tools, and the list goes on and on...

I was listening to a first aid podcast and the guest mentioned that most of the tourniquets he runs into from Amazon, eBay, etc. are counterfeits these days. He mentioned two cases where people died because the little winch handles on fake CATS units broke off when tightened.

Amazon is particularly bad because of how they handle similar items. On items where multiple people sell the same SKU, they will simply dump all the stuff that comes in into the same bin unless you pay them extra to keep your stock separate.

If you go to the effort of making sure you have authentic product, you still might have some grease ball order a bunch of fakes, have them all end up in the same bin, and then have those fakes ship to your customers instead of the real one you purchased.

Back
Top Bottom