• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Word to the wise on where to post your “problems” first

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
It’s usually a good idea to go to the manufacturer with your issue FIRST. If it’s taking a while to get an answer, or you want a second opinion, or you don’t think they’re helping you like they should, THEN go to social media groups / websites.

Guy had a bolt lug sheer off on a high quality, low round count, AR bolt. Instead of going to the manufacturer FIRST, he went to a well-respected FB group. That was the only place where he posted a pic of his broken bolt. When the folks in the FB group told him to contact the manufacturer, he did.

Lo and behold! The manufacturer stated that someone else had already contacted them about a broken bolt, using HIS picture. This now complicates matters, as they have taken care of the “first” complaint already, and they cannot tell if his complaint is bogus or not.

Unscrupulous folks abound, and they can be found everywhere. Giving the manufacturer a chance to correct a mistake is nearly always the correct course of action, regardless.

Semper Fi!

It’s usually a good idea to go to the manufacturer with your issue FIRST. If it’s taking a while to get an answer, or you want a second opinion, or you don’t think they’re helping you like they should, THEN go to social media groups / websites.

Guy had a bolt lug sheer off on a high quality, low round count, AR bolt. Instead of going to the manufacturer FIRST, he went to a well-respected FB group. That was the only place where he posted a pic of his broken bolt. When the folks in the FB group told him to contact the manufacturer, he did.
Priceless.....

Wait, wut???? I can copy a picture that some stranger posted on the Internet and send that to a gun company and tell them that I am the person who has been harmed by their defective product, and *I* will get compensation --from forwarding them a picture???

Alright, let's get that ball rolling!
Here's a picture.
Sturm, Ruger & Co, you need to send me a new .357 revolver.
046CC34D-7900-40A3-9B78-A7A76E018EC1.jpeg

I agree. I have worked for a few companies in different industries and sometimes we will let a customer send a photo of a product issue, particularly if it's something that we are aware of but not worth doing a "recall" or anything, but an issue that does pop up every so often.

If I received two (or more) of the same photos, I'd have to have the customer actually return the item in question in order to fix the issue.

My common reply to most issues, is "what did the manufacturer say when you contacted them???".

Wow. Whoopsie. I guess at least he will have the actual bolt to send in to the manufacturer. Hopefully then they can blacklist the guy that stole the photo and a bolt from them.

Back
Top Bottom