• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Workout anytime 24/7 north cumming (Keiths bridge) ... avoid this like the plague now.

brainchill

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
My wife and I have been using the Workout Anytime North Cumming gym for three+ years, the manager, David, is aces, great guy, always helpful, but we ended our membership there this afternoon. I was working out, as always, minding my own business, doing my thing. I had to move a rolling bench so I pick up the end, rolled it to where I wanted, bent over to place it properly, almost the whole way to the ground, dropped the end there from about 4-5" off the ground onto the padded floor, not in any way hurting the bench that I would then use to hold my 250lb body and two +100lbs dumbbells for many reps. A person yells at me from across the room that I didn't hear, someone (another member) taps me on the shoulder so I turn off my music and he says "she's chewing your ass bro" then I look up she comes closer and is angrily and sarcastically berating me in front of the staff and other members. I couldn't believe someone that works in customer service would ever talk like this. If she didn't like what I did, I would have understood if she would have walked over close to me and said "hey, this is my place and I would appreciate it if you make sure it's touching the floor before you let go" I would have apologized and done exactly what she asked with no argument .... but to berate me in front of other customers and staff yelling across the gym at me like a drunken alcoholic grandmother, no, ridiculous. So I stop what I'm doing and go over to the the manager that I have known for years at this point, to explain what happened and he puts his hands up and says "I'm really sorry that happened, there isn't anything I can do she's the new owner".... Well she is, as it turns out, the person that just lost two, years long, loyal, recurring revenue paying customers... I went, finished my workout for the day, and cancelled my membership. I will never do business with this place again so long as this person with this attitude is working the floor. I've never seen someone in a customer service role with such little tact, such poor communication skills and such a horrible attitude, and I've been around a while. There are 30 gyms within 10 miles of this place, run do not walk to their competitors and enjoy their welcoming attitudes. I can't stress enough how much differently this would have gone if she would have used common courtesy, like a human, and treated her customers with a little bit of respect and humanity.

Make sure the bank knows to stop payment ASAP. Guessing they will try and keep billing you. If they do, might have to go there and ask for your money back in person and show her the same respect she showed you.
I second this. If she’s as much of a right **** as it sounds, I guarantee she‘ll run that place like every other scamming gym.

My wife and I have been using the Workout Anytime North Cumming gym for three+ years, the manager, David, is aces, great guy, always helpful, but we ended our membership there this afternoon. I was working out, as always, minding my own business, doing my thing. I had to move a rolling bench so I pick up the end, rolled it to where I wanted, bent over to place it properly, almost the whole way to the ground, dropped the end there from about 4-5" off the ground onto the padded floor, not in any way hurting the bench that I would then use to hold my 250lb body and two +100lbs dumbbells for many reps. A person yells at me from across the room that I didn't hear, someone (another member) taps me on the shoulder so I turn off my music and he says "she's chewing your ass bro" then I look up she comes closer and is angrily and sarcastically berating me in front of the staff and other members. I couldn't believe someone that works in customer service would ever talk like this. If she didn't like what I did, I would have understood if she would have walked over close to me and said "hey, this is my place and I would appreciate it if you make sure it's touching the floor before you let go" I would have apologized and done exactly what she asked with no argument .... but to berate me in front of other customers and staff yelling across the gym at me like a drunken alcoholic grandmother, no, ridiculous. So I stop what I'm doing and go over to the the manager that I have known for years at this point, to explain what happened and he puts his hands up and says "I'm really sorry that happened, there isn't anything I can do she's the new owner".... Well she is, as it turns out, the person that just lost two, years long, loyal, recurring revenue paying customers... I went, finished my workout for the day, and cancelled my membership. I will never do business with this place again so long as this person with this attitude is working the floor. I've never seen someone in a customer service role with such little tact, such poor communication skills and such a horrible attitude, and I've been around a while. There are 30 gyms within 10 miles of this place, run do not walk to their competitors and enjoy their welcoming attitudes. I can't stress enough how much differently this would have gone if she would have used common courtesy, like a human, and treated her customers with a little bit of respect and humanity.

Sad.

But could you quit typing so loud?

:)

Back
Top Bottom