• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

World Cup 2014

Yeah, I wonder if him and Klinsmann just don't gel. I like Landon but he is past his prime. His goal production is way down but he still makes assists. About all he would really be good for is trying to feed the ball to Dempsey.

Proud of the US. Tim Howard was the Man of the Match in my opinion. Some great saves and he helped coach up that inexperienced back line playing in front of him.

Jermaine Jones was my MoTM. Hands down.

US got lucky today. They will not be so lucky against Portugal and they cannot beat Germany.

I doubt we will beat a full strength Germany but we did beat a full strength Spain in the Confederations Cup 5 years ago with largely the same team. It is possible. I think that we can pull one over on Portugal. They looked terrible against Germany before the sendings off. Also, largely depends on the pitch size. A smaller pitch will suit us better against Germany allowing us to clog up their passing lanes so that they can't exploit all that space against Demarcus Beasley.

I doubt we will beat a full strength Germany but we did beat a full strength Spain in the Confederations Cup 5 years ago with largely the same team. It is possible. I think that we can pull one over on Portugal. They looked terrible against Germany before the sendings off. Also, largely depends on the pitch size. A smaller pitch will suit us better against Germany allowing us to clog up their passing lanes so that they can't exploit all that space against Demarcus Beasley.

Portugal did look horrible. 1st red card this cup? They may be able to pull it off with them, but I really don't see them having a chance against Germany. What's funny is most of Germany's top players are on the bench. If they have to put in any fresh legs it will only get worse.

I think part of our struggles were turnover last night. They never looked comfortable possessing the ball for longer then 30 seconds, this in turn worn down the back 4 and allowed Ghana multiple scoring chances. Howard was our saving grace.

US got lucky today. They will not be so lucky against Portugal and they cannot beat Germany.

I wouldn't say the US got lucky, we clearly played as good or better than Ghana. I could see a lot of flaws in the Ghanaian game. What I would like the see though is the US going out and recruiting the best players around just like the European teams do.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say the US got lucky, we clearly played as good or better than Ghana. I could see a lot of flaws in the Ghanaian game. What I would like the see though is the US going out and recruiting the best players around just like the European teams do.

Ghana handles the ball much better though. Seemed to pass smoother and was really pushing into the US for a while. Seems the US spent most of the game on the defensive.

Back
Top Bottom