• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst suppressor you've owned

I've got a HTA Kestral AK can. Literally can drop a 9mm round through the can its so over sized. It pretty much lives on a short AK which still throws a fireball but at least takes some of the thump out of it. I could also care less if it gets messed up. Might have to get an adapter and stick it on a RPD and see if the handguards or the suppressor melt first.

I have one of the original OSS cans with the octagonal body and it just sits in the safe. I love the suppressor, but it's a real pain in the ass to use. It's like putting a puzzle together to install it and it likes to get stuck, like stuck stuck to the point I had to make a tool to force it apart. Eventually itll find a permanent home on something, but for now it just takes up space.

I use them on my 308 guns. They definitely suppress about as well as my YHM does with a lot less back-pressure. Different tone though. I get the feeling that pretty much all 308 cans are similar in dB reduction, it's just the sound and back pressure that differs.

On the 5.56 I can't say for sure. I did just order some 5.56 QD mounts to try them with. My original steel one was probably too heavy for an AR, but I just got the titanium version, so that would be worth trying.

Surprised nobody has said Hybrid 46

Don't own a hybrid but my biggest issue with them is the weight! Absolutely unusable on a pistol imo. Hands down would take a mystic or cosmic over the hybrid. I do think the hybrid had rifles in mind more than pistols.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom