• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst suppressor you've owned

I didn't own it but I've shot a Huntertown Arms 5.56 can before . . . had a knurled front end cap and was a takeapart, don't remember the model name.

On the B&K Pulse, it metered right at 140dB. It was freaking loud for a silencer. Feel bad for whoever owns one of those, probably still would want to shoot with ear pro.

I shot a Chameleon from HTA and it was pretty good for sub $400 (at that time they were a special at that price).

I didn't own it but I've shot a Huntertown Arms 5.56 can before . . . had a knurled front end cap and was a takeapart, don't remember the model name.

On the B&K Pulse, it metered right at 140dB. It was freaking loud for a silencer. Feel bad for whoever owns one of those, probably still would want to shoot with ear pro.

Anything from Thompson Machine. My first 2 cans were from them, bought them at the same time. Sold one, had the other rebuilt into something that didn't suck.

Thompson machine .22, it’s a monocore and was user serviceable at one time, does well on a bolt gun, so stays on that.

MPA .30 very heavy, all steel, monocore, user serviceable, but like the HTA, does well on a 300blk bolt gun, so lives on that as well.

All others came after I learned my lesson, happy with em all.
AAC, Deadair, rugged, SilencerCo, sig,

Thompson machine .22, it’s a monocore and was user serviceable at one time, does well on a bolt gun, so stays on that.

Have you considered having it rebuilt? I had the Thompson Machine Zephyr. It wasn't all that quiet on anything but a bolt gun, and needed frequent cleaning, which was quite labor intensive being aluminum and all. It's now got an all stainless stack that can withstand heavy fire schedules without seizing up, and is noticeably more quiet. The work was done by ECCO machine. Here's the after pic.

72786209_493656451213503_601834658878980096_n.jpg

Have you considered having it rebuilt? I had the Thompson Machine Zephyr. It wasn't all that quiet on anything but a bolt gun, and needed frequent cleaning, which was quite labor intensive being aluminum and all. It's now got an all stainless stack that can withstand heavy fire schedules without seizing up, and is noticeably more quiet. The work was done by ECCO machine. Here's the after pic.

View attachment 3295057
No I haven’t, didn’t realize that could be done! Learn something new!! Mine is a different model that the one shown, and those aluminum takedown keys they send suck, mine is shot out and stripped. But thank you!! I’m gonna look into that!

No I haven’t, didn’t realize that could be done! Learn something new!! Mine is a different model that the one shown, and those aluminum takedown keys they send suck, mine is shot out and stripped. But thank you!! I’m gonna look into that!

as long as your tube isn’t damaged, you’re probably good. He made all new end caps and internals on mine. The outside was turned down too to save weight. I think it ended up costing me about 200 bucks, and it was done in a week or so. Just send him a mesage on Facebook messenger and he’ll let you know if it’s doable.

I regret my AAC 762sd. It’s like 2ft long and weighs 4lbs.

I regret my Surefire Ryder 22a too. Wish I would have gone with a titanium 22 can. It’s nice and light but a pain to clean. I don’t care anymore and just use “the dip” once a year to clean it now.

Only 21oz?

I regret my AAC 762sd. It’s like 2ft long and weighs 4lbs.

I regret my Surefire Ryder 22a too. Wish I would have gone with a titanium 22 can. It’s nice and light but a pain to clean. I don’t care anymore and just use “the dip” once a year to clean it now.

Back
Top Bottom