• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would Saban leave?

jhenry30

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
50   0
Reaction score
Today at work we had a pretty interesting conversation that I'd like to share and get others opinions on. With the season Texas is having I for one firmly believe he will be replaced this year and had he stayed Muschamp would be taking over but that's not the case. So my question is if Texas comes knocking does Saban leave Bama? I for one believe they will and when they do he's gone for at least 3 reasons and I'll list them below.

1. Ego - To be able to say he did it at 3 different schools. Without argument he would have to go down as the greatest coach ever.

2. Money - Texas can pay him more, plain and simple. No school in the country brings in more than them. Their facilities are top notch as well so there's really no loss in this area for him.

3. Competition - Other teams in the SEC are slowly catching up to Bama in terms of players they recruit. Even Ole Miss can pull in top players now. In the Big 12 he would be almost unopposed and his level of dominance would be comical.

Also, if he does leave does he take his staff with him.

Last edited:
Bama will beat any offer Texas throws out there, Not saying Texas does not have more but Bama will go broke before they let him walk- But if he did Kirby would be the Bama's new head coach. I think D2D is right on.

I think you are looking at the wrong Bama coach to leave. If Texas calls Tuscaloosa it'll be for Kirby Smart.

Why would you take a protege when you can have the one who taught him. And I firmly believe that if Saban goes Smart is going as well. He has his wagon hitched to Saban for the long haul. After seeing the mess Muschamp has made at UF he has to see he has it made.

- - - Updated - - -

Bama will beat any offer Texas throws out there, Not saying Texas does not have more but Bama will go broke before they let him walk- But if he did Kirby would be the Bama's new head coach.

I just don't think it's possible for Bama to win a bidding war with Texas

Oh I think he'd (Kirby Smart) be a fool not to try and go to start a head coaching job of his own for Texas. An instant raise for $1.15 mil to $5.4 mil is one reason, 2nd reason is he can be more successful right off in the Big 12. The SEC will have some Head Coaching jobs opening up in 2 to 4 years. That's just about enough time for Smart to get Texas on route and bail back to the SEC for a bigger gig like Florida... Just my way of thinking...

Could it happen perhaps but I don't think it will. His wife likes Tuscaloosa and she did not like Miami, which was one of the key reasons they took the Alabama job. He has money, great facilities, and success at Alabama.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom