• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would Saban leave?

Could it happen perhaps but I don't think it will. His wife likes Tuscaloosa and she did not like Miami, which was one of the key reasons they took the Alabama job. He has money, great facilities, and success at Alabama.
View attachment 224417

This is true but in the end I think it comes down to him wanting a new challenge. Texas just offers him a fresh start and probably more money

This already happened before the start of last season. Texas AND Penn State both tried to get Saban to come to their schools. Ms. Terry told Nick that PSU wouldn't be corrected for a number of years with the penalties they received. He gave serious thought to Texas but they didn't join the PAC 12 or whatever that super conference was going to be called. I think if they had joined, he would have left. I see him retiring at BAMA in the next few years. Maybe Kirby will still be there and take over.

image.jpg

All you Saban haters need to get over it and move on. I would expect that if you were in the same situation you might handle it the same way as Saban did. He was ask several times by reporters about the possibility of an offer for the Alabama job. It was not a done deal yet and might never have been a done deal. Would you tell your present employer via the news media that you were considering another job? I don't think so. Move on, Alabama got him and it turned out to be a super deal for the University of Alabama.
image.jpg

I think there is only one school that has an ego the size of Saban's....Notre Dame. If Saban leaves Bama, I think it be for South Bend. Imagine turning that team around. Recruiting in the SEC's backyard because he's Saban? The F'ing Irish would be tough to bet against with him there!

Today at work we had a pretty interesting conversation that I'd like to share and get others opinions on. With the season Texas is having I for one firmly believe he will be replaced this year and had he stayed Muschamp would be taking over but that's not the case. So my question is if Texas comes knocking does Saban leave Bama? I for one believe they will and when they do he's gone for at least 3 reasons and I'll list them below.

1. Ego - To be able to say he did it at 3 different schools. Without argument he would have to go down as the greatest coach ever.

2. Money - Texas can pay him more, plain and simple. No school in the country brings in more than them. Their facilities are top notch as well so there's really no loss in this area for him.

3. Competition - Other teams in the SEC are slowly catching up to Bama in terms of players they recruit. Even Ole Miss can pull in top players now. In the Big 12 he would be almost unopposed and his level of dominance would be comical.

Also, if he does leave does he take his staff with him.

#3 is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom