• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would This Make a Good Spotting Scope? Halo Rangefinder?

My Leica gives:

1. distance
2. Angle
3. Temperature

& A bunch of other stuff.
So its a good tool to have for setting up and judging the calculations you need to make the shot, but I'm guessing not what's needed at 1k yards to see bullet holes. Would that be correct?

So many things to have, and learn in this sport, omg, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So its a good tool to have for setting up and judging the calculations you need to make the shot, but I'm guessing not what's needed at 1k yards to see bullet holes. Would that be correct?

You'll need a darn good Spotting scope to see bullet holes past 400 yards.

I suggest steel plates, 3'x3' painted white, for that kind of distance.

You'll need a darn good Spotting scope to see bullet holes past 400 yards.

I suggest steel plates, 3'x3' painted white, for that kind of distance.
Yeah, the marks left would be easier. If I understand right, spotting scopes can reach out that far tho, isn't that right? My reason for asking is two fold, for a partner spotter to see where the shots are landing so I can make adjustments. Steel would probably be best if by myself looking at it after firing a dozen rounds. I'm trying to figure the best way, and at that distance, I'd guess it takes a while to get out there to change it all out, whether paper or steel. I like the drone for quick ease, especially if it could grow hands/arms to post up new targets, or hold that spray can. :)

Right
Spotting scopes let you see the target/animal clearly. You would need a nice scope to see 1000 yards and that is advanced shooting with any gun. Probably not many places with a range that long either.
Rangefinders are for distance and some models measure other factors that affect the shot.

Right
Spotting scopes let you see the target/animal clearly. You would need a nice scope to see 1000 yards and that is advanced shooting with any gun. Probably not many places with a range that long either.
Rangefinders are for distance and some models measure other factors that affect the shot.
Thanks for confirming and helping me get all this in my head. I've been linked with a couple ranges in Ga for shooting 1k yards. Definitely advanced, and over my head at the moment. But I plan to learn just for the fun of it. I love shooting!

Back
Top Bottom