• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you buy this gun?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I have several for trade and wanted ads for guns on various sites. Just feelers, as I usually, if ever get anything from them. I have my phone number on these ads. I get a text tonight asking if I wanted to trade, and attached is a picture (looks like it came from wikepedia.com) of a (nickel/stainless?) Walther PPK/S 9mm/380. I texted back and forth asking which item he wanted to trade, and he did not respond. Then he texted he will sell for $125, comes with case and 1 magazine. Granted, the gun looked brand new. Too new.

I pursued it further to see if I can get any info to pass on to a LEO.

Here are some DO NOT DEAL signs:

1- Phone number was from Maryland- where it is illegal to buy/sell/trade any handgun without going through the proper legal channels. Granted, he could have moved here and kept his old phone carrier, but still a little fishy to start off.
2- I called the guy, and stated that I was calling for the Walther. He had no idea what Walther meant.
3- Told him I had to call back as I had another call come in, and called and texted him within 10 minutes. No response, nothing.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

You have to be careful. I put a wtb ad up on the sigforum looking for my vz58. I got one email from a guy who said he owned a gunshop in California. Um ok. He also said he would sell me one nib for 699. All I had to do is western union or money gram the cash. Right, when I asked for the shops phone number for verification purposes.... He stopped responding.

Back
Top Bottom