• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you buy this land to hunt on?? I’m thinking about it.

jared corbin

Default rank <5 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
F9124979-24F9-4C86-9AE7-A07914902972.png
This 4.5 acres is for sale near me and I was thinking about buying it for bowhunting Whitetail& coyote. It’s an easement with powerlines but it’s only $3,000. Thought I could put a good plot on it and set some stands and even grow some plants for profit also. Let me know your thoughts. I don’t have a lot of $ to buy a big property but can afford this. I thought can’t go wrong with 4.5 acres for 3 grand.
28367C5A-A35A-4357-AD50-09D17B26D713.png

EBBAEA1E-A9D0-4A3C-B43C-67C50928256E.jpeg

What are the yearly taxes? Looks like a good spot, but I believe you can't put any permanent structures on it. Also don't be surprised if the power company rides through your crops lol.

It looks like the trees are outside the property lines, are you prepared to do freestanding stands vs treestands?

Yeah I would definitely check on the annual taxes. If it were me I would hold off and look for something better. I realize it is only $3k, but the plat is hideous, honestly, and looks more like a headache than a bargain to me. If you look around and remain patient you can find something much better, even if it takes a year or two. Purchasing land is not something to do on impulse. JMO

It doesn’t say what the yearly taxes are I’ll have to find out. But what I don’t understand is, it’s been for sale since 2015 and was priced at 19k then and it’s dropped to 3k this year. Why would someone pay 19k for a property you can’t build on?

Do you know the owners of the neighboring properties? Are you sure you can get permission to track and retrieve deer? What happens if there is a dispute and you lose permission or new owners come along?

I think I would pass on it.

https://www.safespaceprotection.com/emf-health-risks/emf-health-effects/power-lines/

I Wouldn't count on growing any plants there, they will likely be sprayed or mowed. Used to have a piece of land under a power line, I never get headaches and often had one when I left there. People often think the property under them is public domain and will use them to ride 4 wheelers. You most times can't fence it off because of right of way restrictions. I would steer clear and save my money a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom