• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you look at this.

The officials still maintain there are no panthers in GA and you all are seeing things!

“Though cougar and panther sightings persist in Georgia, there are no known native populations of these animals roaming the woods,” advises Wildlife Resources Division Region Supervisor Kevin Kramer. “There is no reason to believe there are any more cougars out there.
Mountain lions don't just sit around looking pretty. They roam. A Mountain lion seen in Georgia might be in Kentucky or the Carolinas a couple of weeks or months later. I had one set off my motion detector one night several years ago here in Blue Ridge. I found myself 30-40 feet away face to face armed with a mag light, barefooted and dressed in boxers. Beautiful cat. It ran off. I went back inside and didn't investigate anymore "dings" that night. My parents were driving out to go eat dinner one night from next door to my house) A pair were at the end of the driveway. My dad might have been somewhat a story teller at times, but not my Mom. Her account, I take as actual proof. The big black cats we see now and then aren't actually related to our mtn lions. The only 2 big cats in the world that sometimes come out black are leopards and jaguars. Over the past few centuries, some of both were released into the wild here, whether they were pets, circus or carnival animals or road size zoo escapees...many were lost and have thrived. They can not breed with our native mountain lions. Our native mtn lions are more closely related to house cats than to leopards or jaguars. North American mtn lions can even purr. Other big cats don't purr. Black "Panthers" do not purr.

when I was in army ft benning I saw a panther or whatever , it had a long tail and walked by my tank while on training,

Back
Top Bottom