• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

Ain't never been seriously dog bit, have you?

When I was 13 I was riding my bike to the park and a friends dog bit me on the left calf. I knew the dog for years. She played with us all the time. She came running up to me, not uncommon, I stopped to pet her and chomp. Then she walked away. My parent's were not mad at the dog's owner. We always had a dog when I was growing up. Most of my friends had dog's. My parents friends had dog's. It's life, crap happens no big deal the dog was getting old. Dog got old just like we get old and the brain don't always work right. Trip to the ER pronounced me ok and the dog owner paid the bill. According to law the dog had to be quarantined for x day's. The damn thing died of a heart attack while in quarantine. My friends still tease me, 44 years later, about the dog that died from biting me.

When I was 13 I was riding my bike to the park and a friends dog bit me on the left calf. I knew the dog for years. She played with us all the time. She came running up to me, not uncommon, I stopped to pet her and chomp. Then she walked away. My parent's were not mad at the dog's owner. We always had a dog when I was growing up. Most of my friends had dog's. My parents friends had dog's. It's life, crap happens no big deal the dog was getting old. Dog got old just like we get old and the brain don't always work right. Trip to the ER pronounced me ok and the dog owner paid the bill. According to law the dog had to be quarantined for x day's. The damn thing died of a heart attack while in quarantine. My friends still tease me, 44 years later, about the dog that died from biting me.

Was she just chomping to say goodbye early??? Just maybe she knew the end was near...

That's a great story

Back
Top Bottom