• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd shoot a pit bull just for looking at me funny...
aa541df1f773bfd133016eecbee38d1f.jpg

The first thing I ever killed in defense was a neighbor's Chow. It had gotten loose several times and chased me. About a week prior it had gotten my pants leg. But that day I was heading down to my grandparents field with the Mossberg. I was 13 Or 14 then, but I still hate chows.

Yes, but what happens afterwards? That is, will owner call police, and what about discharging a weapon in a residential area etc. Just curious.
My experience, you shoot the dog, you must be prepared to shoot the owner. Some become irrational and violent over the loss of an animal, even one which has viciously attacked an innocent victim.

No, I would just run and cower while it rips the flesh off my body. It's really an misunderstood animal that doesn't really mean to hurt me after all.

You laugh, but I would have a really hard time. The reason I don't hunt deer is because I just cant do it emotionally. I have no problem being out with friends who hunt, I have no problem shooting squirrel or rabbit, turkey, geese, or other birds... even Bear.. I can be there when a buddy harvests a deer and have no problem helping him gut it.. I just weap like a little girl when I have to pull the trigger myself. I think I'd be the same way if I had to shoot a dog.

Dont get me wrong, in the end I'm sure I would.. but I would likely hesitate first.

All that being said, dont take me the wrong way. I have shot a deer before, and if it was an eat or dont eat situation I would do it again. I love the taste of venison but I have other things I can eat currently. I know the population needs to be controlled and hunting is a part of it, like i said, ethically I don't have any kind of an issue with it but for whatever reason it takes an emotional toll on me

Back
Top Bottom