• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you train with this company?

OK...first things first. It's really easy to bag on them because of the attitude and all the other stuff. But let's take it on face value. Ignore the personalities and the braggadocio and the brouhaha. Watch the video and answer the question. I'll wait.

Done? OK, well the answer for me is a good ole country "hail no-wuh!" Let's go down the list:
  • Within the first seven seconds, multiple people have been flagged with loaded handguns
  • "Truly advanced?" A) What does that even mean? B) Does it mean one hand operation of the slide of your handgun...if so, I'm pretty sure that was being done....well.....ever since autoloading pistols where created; so what's "truly advanced" about that?
  • "Cutting Edge" and "Proven Tactics" apparently included carrying an unloaded pistol in your pocket (?) while carrying the mags for said pistol in an OWB holster? :noidea:
  • @ 00:25 -- Did he just? Oh wow...yeah, he did. OK, so safety concerns aside (enormous as they may be), what self defense scenario EVER plays out with you on top delivering a double tap to the face? Seriously? The palm strike routine was understandable if not a little comical, but is this outfit really teaching double taps to the face?
  • @00:27 -- Um, apparently getting hit in the back of the head with boxing gloves by your instructor while firing your pistol is "Master Level Skill." How that helps in the real world, I suppose I'm just not operator enough to know.
  • And I guess the end of it is supposed to be some sort of IFAK test....couldn't tell exactly what was happening.

Look, I only mention this because people say all the time "You know, ole James is a good guy once you get to know him and they teach really good stuff. You just have to get past the 'internet' stuff." This video is nothing but video of a course they taught. No spin, no "I'm gonna start shooting people" rhetoric, no nothing...just their curriculum in motion. And it only took thirty eight seconds to save me four thousand dollars...you know, if I was going with a friend...and my Sightmark.
Hey, if you don't get it, it's not for you. I love the donkey punch pistol technique myself. Train how you fight and all....

Back
Top Bottom