• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WOW! REALLY IS WORTH THE $ (onyx holster review)

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
Wow....wow...wow...so I have tried so many holsters on the market and even posted about them. They all had pros and cons but something about each left something to be desired. The most recent holsters that are fairly popular I have tried over the past 2 years would be custom leather/kydex hybrids, the blackpoint tactical miniwing, telor tactical comfort iwb, remora, the N82 tactical pro, the aliengear 2.0 and 3.0 to name a few. and now...the onyx by stealthgear. I have found "the one" after much searching and trying to find what works best for me and my demands for an edc holster. First off, many people may like, love, and/or swear by one of the holsters I mentioned. Holsters are very personal and what is great for some are not so for others due to fit on frame or various other reasons. Having said that, if you have not found a holster that is COMPLETELY AMAZING IN EVERY WAY (for you), may I suggest the onyx by stealthgear. I recently purchased 2 aliengear holsters (the 3.0) for me and the wife at $70 for both. Then soon after a member here told me about onyx. I researched and reviewed and decided to try em at $200 for two (one for me and wifey). Obviously much more money than the alien gear. I said to myself...why not try it? Compare some of the cheapest price point holsters with the most expensive price point holsters. Well...NO COMPARISON! Onyx is great. A truly custom made for your gun kinda holster (as seen in pics). Not a one size fits all stamped out leather backing. Rather than rambling on (more than i have already) let stealthgear tell you why its worth the extra $ http://stealthgearusa.com/pages/sgusa-holster-technology. 20151212_092554.jpg20151212_092827.jpg

20151212_093404.jpg
20151212_094022.jpg the part of the holster that the slide is on does not have the vented holes so the slide does not get sweat on it. The padding although not bulky is very comfy with the mesh against
Your body. Much of the extra kydex on the alien keeps the holster from being as versatile and flexible as the onyx.

Last edited:
With that soft padding is there any issue with those screw backings? Kinda looks like they could dig in to the skin. The same type are on my leather backed and they stay flush because of the stiffness of the leather.

With that soft padding is there any issue with those screw backings? Kinda looks like they could dig in to the skin. The same type are on my leather backed and they stay flush because of the stiffness of the leather.
Not at All! Hard to tell in pic but theyare recessed. Dont feel them at all dude. Totally luv it

Back
Top Bottom