• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wrangler vs F150

You mention safety & I laught, but not really. I had a uncle that was killed in a wreck last Wednesday. His son was driving his 2017 F150 & was stopped at a "work zone". The lady, in a small Chevy SUV, that hit them was running 60-65, according to the police. They rolled several times. The seatbelts did their jobs but the seat backs broke in the collision. Also none of the airbags deployed. He died on the way to the hospital.
Both of the men involved sold Ford vehicles for a living. Not sure my cousin is still a firm believer in them.
My point is just because its a "big truck" doesn't mean it will protect you in the event of a accident.

Sorry to hear.

At those speeds not much will save you. The average accident happens under 15 MPH at the time of impact.

To the OP. I wouldn't want a jeep for everyday driving. I drove one for a brief period, the novelty wore off quick. If your wanting to be able to 4 wheel I would look at a small 4 wheel drive truck. If you want a truck for trucks sake I would get a F150. I've driven both and if I didn't need to haul much I would go with a small truck. IMO

I hear that the ranger is supposed to be coming out next year again. I'm thinking about looking at one of those. I like rangers.

SINCE SEPTEMBER 2011 IVE DRIVEN A F150 4 DOOR 4X4 AND AT PRESANT HAVE 176550 MILES ON IT, SOMETIMES RIDE 18 HOURS A DAY AND ITS BEST VEHICLE IVE HAD FOR COMFORT AND DEPENDABILITY. DROVE CROWN VICS SINCE 90 AND WAS WORE OUT WHEN GOT OUT OF THEM.

Go test drive all of them and decide which you like better. Silverado, Ram, F150, Tundra, etc.

Any of those would be much more enjoyable putting 30k a year on and way more comfortable.

I rented a Jeep Wrangler 4 door hardtop because my vehicle was down, and had to go to Birmingham, AL. It is a 3.5 hr drive each way. Had a coworker in the front seat next to me, and I swear, with all of the wind noise, we could not hold a normal conversation.

Fun play toy, but not what I would use on a regular work basis. How do people talk on the phone- either with blue tooth or without in one of these?

I rented a Jeep Wrangler 4 door hardtop because my vehicle was down, and had to go to Birmingham, AL. It is a 3.5 hr drive each way. Had a coworker in the front seat next to me, and I swear, with all of the wind noise, we could not hold a normal conversation.

Fun play toy, but not what I would use on a regular work basis. How do people talk on the phone- either with blue tooth or without in one of these?
With a hard top and regular tires they are not that load. Soft top and loud tires.. forget about talking on the highway. A jeep is almost the worst new vehicle I can think of for logging road miles.

Why not a Miata ?
Agree with this. Unless you need off-road capability, room for cargo, etc, a Miata will have the same top down as the Jeep, infinitely more fun than a Jeep or F150, better MPG, and cheaper to buy. This is coming from a guy who's had Jeeps and F150s.

Either way, I couldn't put 30k/year in a Wrangler. No way.

This was my mall crawler. took it on many trips, but driving it everyday sucked. Ended up trading it on a ram 1500 ecodiesel and was far happier. With your driving, I would consider the ecodiesel since you do so many miles every year. When the wife drove the ecodiesel on trips she got 29 mpg, I averaged around 25 everyday driving.
20150714_083417.jpg
20150714_083349.jpg

I’ve been driving a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited for a year and I love driving it...especially with the top down. My only issue is that I’m an outside sales rep who drives over 30k miles a year. I’ve noticed that after a long week of driving I do feel a little more beat up than I did in my car before Jeep. Several other reps at my company drive F150s and they swear by them.

I understand I’m not comparing apples to apples but I’m curious if anyone has made the move from one to the other? I’m afraid I’ll miss the open air driving of Jeep, but wonder if over time the comfort and safety of F150 would trump the fun factor. Your thoughts?
the Jeep has more articulation in the suspension and feels like its moving in all directions when in motion..truck is solid straight forward not alot of motion and a comfortable ride..

Back
Top Bottom