• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wrangler vs F150

This was my mall crawler. took it on many trips, but driving it everyday sucked. Ended up trading it on a ram 1500 ecodiesel and was far happier. With your driving, I would consider the ecodiesel since you do so many miles every year. When the wife drove the ecodiesel on trips she got 29 mpg, I averaged around 25 everyday driving.
View attachment 1426549 View attachment 1426552
Can also support this view. Wife has a Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee, it's been great and mileage is high 20s consistently.

I traded my Wrangler for a Grand Cherokee this year, the difference is like night and day, the Cherokee being much more comfortable. Get the F-150, it's good to change things up from time to time

Can also support this view. Wife has a Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee, it's been great and mileage is high 20s consistently.
I wanted to get my wife the ecodiesel cherokee but they stopped selling the for a bit. We ended up with a 2.0l ford escape turd box. Im not really interested in a ford right now. Her car beeps amd dings for everything.

Would love to trade it in on a new ecodiesel jeep once they become more readily available.

I have a friend who has a 16 F150 and he is going through the lemon law process. He showed me all the work the dealership had done to stop the thing smoking. They rebuilt the engine and replaced everything I can think of. Still smokes like a train on startup.

Referring to you original question, wheelbase and weight is the difference in the ride.

Generally a longer wheelbased vehicle will give a smooth ride. I used a F150 to commute from Charlotte to Athens (once a week) and I would have never done it in a Wrangler.

Referring to you original question, wheelbase and weight is the difference in the ride.
I disagree that this is the difference. A regular cab f150 has a similar wheelbase and weighs less than a wrangler unlimited but would still ride much better. Even the f150 with the super crew cab weighs about the same. The wrangler unlimited is not a commuter car but it's not because of this..

I disagree that this is the difference. A regular cab f150 has a similar wheelbase and weighs less than a wrangler unlimited but would still ride much better. Even the f150 with the super crew cab weighs about the same. The wrangler unlimited is not a commuter car but it's not because of this..

Say what?

Jeep Vehicle Wheelbase Chart
A handy chart showing the wheel base of most Jeep vehicles.
Model
Wheelbase (in inches)

Wrangler JK (2007-Current)
95.4 or 116 ("Unlimited" version)

2017 F-150 XL
Regular Cab

Pickup box style
5.5-ft. Styleside
5.5-ft. Styleside
6.5-ft. Styleside
6.5-ft. Styleside
8.0-ft. Styleside
8.0-ft. Styleside
5.5-ft. Raptor
Drive system
4x2 4x4 4x2 4x4 4x2 4x4
4x4

Wheelbase
- - 122.4 in. 122.4 in.

Say what?

Jeep Vehicle Wheelbase Chart
A handy chart showing the wheel base of most Jeep vehicles.
Model
Wheelbase (in inches)

Wrangler JK (2007-Current)
95.4 or 116 ("Unlimited" version)

2017 F-150 XL
Regular Cab

Pickup box style
5.5-ft. Styleside
5.5-ft. Styleside
6.5-ft. Styleside
6.5-ft. Styleside
8.0-ft. Styleside
8.0-ft. Styleside
5.5-ft. Raptor
Drive system
4x2 4x4 4x2 4x4 4x2 4x4
4x4

Wheelbase
- - 122.4 in. 122.4 in.
You think a 5 percent difference in wheelbase makes all the difference in ride quality? I'd say that's pretty similar. But if you're rheory is right I guess every car would ride a lot worse than a jeep or hummer.. I'm just saying those measurements have nothing to do with the decision here

You could always wait till the new Bronco comes out in 2020 or the Ranger in 2019. I've been wanting a new truck as well, but can't see myself buying any of the current models till I know what the new styles come out are like. Heck even the new Wrangler JL is supposed to step up their game in ride quality & noise reduction so that's also an option. They also plan to come out with a pickup Wrangler in 2019. With the use of aluminum the weight is reduced a few hundred lbs along with new top options & angled windshield that reduce's noise levels.

Back
Top Bottom