• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTB: Older Dillon RL550

I’m willing to bet he wants an older one to get it cheap. That way he can send it to Dillon for cheap and they will upgrade it to the new model.

I’m willing to bet he wants an older one to get it cheap. That way he can send it to Dillon for cheap and they will upgrade it to the new model.
Is that really a thing? I did some horse trading a couple of years ago and wound up with a Dillon 550. I'm not sure of the version, but a few pieces have some surface rust ad I was wondering if I could send it in to them for a "tune up".

Is that really a thing? I did some horse trading a couple of years ago and wound up with a Dillon 550. I'm not sure of the version, but a few pieces have some surface rust ad I was wondering if I could send it in to them for a "tune up".
Absolutely, people look for older 550/650s just to buy them cheap so they can send them back to Dillion for a small fee and they get just about a new press back.

Yes, but it cost for shipping. Give them a call and they can fill you in on the details. Of course it isn't hard to disassemble yourself and take care of all that "rust" and learn about how it all fits together. Take plenty of photos as you take things down and it will go back together pretty easily. Beware though, there are a few small springs and ball bearings that may launch away if you don't use care. You can find plenty of videos on how to care for your new (to you) press. You will love it!!

Back
Top Bottom