• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTF is up with people's accents?

Ok, met me see if I understand this correctly....
A southerner pointing out how other folks talk funny.....

Lol

d49d2fca0444fdaed60f35d11c8e6fe6.jpg

I don't have cable so I'm not up to speed on pop culture. I travel for business and I sometimes see shows I'm not familiar with. Alaskan Bush People looks like a typical life wasting POS t.v. show but I see an episode tonight and have to ask. Why do they sound like "weird comic book guy" in the Simpsons?
Billy brown gets paid $500,000 per season for Alaskan Bush People. Billy Brown apparently has authored 70 books. So I guess he'd do or say anything for that kind of money.

He and a son are facing Jail for filing for Alaska state oil dividends while in Texas and other places here in the lower 48.

http://www.parentherald.com/article...een-mom-2-stars-will-they-ask-for-a-raise.htm

Oh, the show is insipid. I was just wondering about the "comic book guy" accents. Never heard it except on the Simpsons. Lived all over and been to every State in the U.S. and Canada. Never heard that speech pattern. Especially the youngest boy's. Very bizarre. And that's coming from a guy that's worked with people from Eastern Tenn.

Back
Top Bottom