• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wtf!!!

blazedawg87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
198   0
Reaction score
Perfect morning, 27 degrees, no wind, in a good spot with two valleys and ridges visible, heard atleast 6 shots thus far, and all I've seen is 4 squirrels and a chipmunk!! If Bambi and the woodland critters skip by I'm blastin all them mofos! Make that 8 shots!

I'm lookin at one right now. I dropped it about 30 min ago. Best of luck to you the days not over yet. I plan on gettin atleast one more.

Perfect morning, 27 degrees, no wind, in a good spot with two valleys and ridges visible, heard atleast 6 shots thus far, and all I've seen is 4 squirrels and a chipmunk!! If Bambi and the woodland critters skip by I'm blastin all them mofos! Make that 8 shots!

Suck it up! At least you're ABLE to go and IN the woods! Work has kept me from even getting my gear ready! I *MIGHT* be able to go in 2 weeks, but by then the mex deer drivers will have cleared out the wmas, which is the only place my son and I have to go.

Consider yourself fortunate.

Suck it up! At least you're ABLE to go and IN the woods! Work has kept me from even getting my gear ready! I *MIGHT* be able to go in 2 weeks, but by then the mex deer drivers will have cleared out the wmas, which is the only place my son and I have to go.

Consider yourself fortunate.

I agree, I'm stuck at work also.

Shoot the Squirrel. ( if small game is legal now where you are) My best deer ever came a few minutes after I shot squirrel. Like you I was on hunting on a beautiful day in a perfect spot and was determined not to go home empty handed. The small game and deer seasons overlapped where I was so I shot a squirrel. Almost 5 minutes later a nice deer walked within 35 yards of my stand. It was late morning and I was hunting near some thick over growth areas. My guess is the Buck was bedded down in the thick overgrowth and my shot woke him up and got him on the move.

Its not the wisest hunting advice ever, but it worked for me on that day! Good luck and enjoy the day!

I'm sittin' in the house miserable with a cold. Couldn't sleep this morning, damn near suited up and went anyway. Now I wish I had.......Unless this gets worse, will be in a stand this p.m. Good luck guys!

Don't feel bad. That has been a repetitive occurance for me already this year. Up here in pickens our acorn crop is nada and the deers normal pattern has been completely shifted to the neighboring properties. Our food plots are doing ok but in the past three weeks I've gotten 12 pics of deer rather than norm 400-500 this time last year.

Back
Top Bottom