• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTT/WTB: Innards, Entrails, and Guts . . . oh my . . . . .

SchmittZoid

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery
Reaction score
. . . . . Pumpkin Guts that is . . . . . . .
Gents,

It's that time again. It's time for Zoid's 5th Annual Gut Grovel . . . . . time for me to begin begging for your entrails . . . . your gourd entrails that is . . . .

So, Sell me yer guts . . . TRADE me yer guts . . . .

I will trade you one (1) of my super fantastic, fabulous Miracle Polishing Cloths for the measly contents of Jack . . .

Or, if you prefer, I can throw a buck or two your way, (weight dependent).

Here is the info from the last four years . . . . .

BTW - iff'n any of you are doing a group activity with the kids, like a church, scout, or school group punkin carving, get the whole group to save me the trash . . . . ! ! Bonus points for large quantities.

Heck, I might even go a full box of 9mm ammo for a big haul . . . . . .

Hit me up via PM or in this thread, either way, just fix me up!

Hey ODT folks,

I have been wanting to post this for a week or so now, and am probably a bit late for some, but if any of you are planning on carving up a jack-o-lantern in the near future with your family, and want to recoup a little $$ for the innards, please drop me a PM.

I am wanting to roast me up some pumpkin seeds and I never seem to be able to get enough to satisfy my craving this time of year. So . . . . .

If you are in the Lilburn/Snellville/Tucker area, and wouldn't mind saving and selling me your punkin guts, I am in the market.

Thanks.

Zoid

pumpkin-spewing-guts.jpg

You got a special seed recipe?? I’ve tried two Halloween’s in a row and just haven’t gotten it “right” yet. I know this is counterproductive for your OP goal but figured you sounded like you knew your seeds!

You got a special seed recipe?? I’ve tried two Halloween’s in a row and just haven’t gotten it “right” yet. I know this is counterproductive for your OP goal but figured you sounded like you knew your seeds!

I don't mind sharing at all.

All you need to do is separate the seeds out from the guts. Do not rinse them or try to remove the natural juices, it's okay to have a few strings in the mix. Add a tablespoon of granulated dry garlic, NOT powdered. Add salt to taste. Mix well and let them marinate in the spice overnight in the refrigerator.

Spread out onto a cookie sheet. No oil required. Bake at 275 degrees. You are basically just trying to drive out the water. A lower temperature is probably better (250), but takes longer. The seeds will form into a pancake after about 1.5 hours. At that point you need to break them up and flip them. They will still be quite moist. Keep baking them at 250 - 275 for another 1.5 to 2.0 hours. You will know when they are done when they turn golden brown. The shells should be fully dry and will crunch when they are cool. When you think they are finished, take a few seeds out an let them cool for a few minutes. If the shells are still too "woody", let them bake a little longer. They should be crispy and fully edible, shells and all.

Here is a photo of a batch that I made a couple of years ago. They turned out perfectly. A little darker is good too, but you want to avoid turning any of them black. In all, the baking takes between 3 to 4.5 hours in total. The best flavor is achieved by NOT rinsing the seeds.

Enjoy and let us know how yours turn out. Oh yeah, one year I made some cinnamon and sugar seeds for my kids. Same basic procedure, just different flavorings. They were awesome as well, but I really like the garlic seeds. You could try Italian seasonings, jerk seasonings, whatever your preference.

Z

IMG_20151031_233315.jpg

I don't mind sharing at all.

All you need to do is separate the seeds out from the guts. Do not rinse them or try to remove the natural juices, it's okay to have a few strings in the mix. Add a tablespoon of granulated dry garlic, NOT powdered. Add salt to taste. Mix well and let them marinate in the spice overnight in the refrigerator.

Spread out onto a cookie sheet. No oil required. Bake at 275 degrees. You are basically just trying to drive out the water. A lower temperature is probably better (250), but takes longer. The seeds will form into a pancake after about 1.5 hours. At that point you need to break them up and flip them. They will still be quite moist. Keep baking them at 250 - 275 for another 1.5 to 2.0 hours. You will know when they are done when they turn golden brown. The shells should be fully dry and will crunch when they are cool. When you think they are finished, take a few seeds out an let them cool for a few minutes. If the shells are still too "woody", let them bake a little longer. They should be crispy and fully edible, shells and all.

Here is a photo of a batch that I made a couple of years ago. They turned out perfectly. A little darker is good too, but you want to avoid turning any of them black. In all, the baking takes between 3 to 4.5 hours in total. The best flavor is achieved by NOT rinsing the seeds.

Enjoy and let us know how yours turn out. Oh yeah, one year I made some cinnamon and sugar seeds for my kids. Same basic procedure, just different flavorings. They were awesome as well, but I really like the garlic seeds. You could try Italian seasonings, jerk seasonings, whatever your preference.

Z

View attachment 2316618
You’re the man! Thanks for sharing will try this!!

Back
Top Bottom