• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

X-Rap Magnums on Lanier

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I spend a lot of time cruising at around 4mph with no lines in the water looking for schools of Stripers on sonar to drop down line baits or spoons on while fishing Lanier. Seems like a lot of wasted time.

I could troll jigs on lead core line or umbrella rigs, but you have to keep a pretty constant speed to keep them from getting hung up and that's not very practical when you need to be ready to stop over suspended fish. Enter the X-Rap Magnum lures.

They are saltwater trolling floater divers that have models that dive to 15, 20, 30 or 40 feet. No lead line or weight required and when you stop the boat they float to the surface, rather than sink to the bottom. It sure is going to be fun if the fish actually eat these things.

s-l400.jpg

I
I spend a lot of time cruising at around 4mph with no lines in the water looking for schools of Stripers on sonar to drop down line baits or spoons on while fishing Lanier. Seems like a lot of wasted time.

I could troll jigs on lead core line or umbrella rigs, but you have to keep a pretty constant speed to keep them from getting hung up and that's not very practical when you need to be ready to stop over suspended fish. Enter the X-Rap Magnum lures.

They are saltwater trolling floater divers that have models that dive to 15, 20, 30 or 40 feet. No lead line or weight required and when you stop the boat they float to the surface, rather than sink to the bottom. It sure is going to be fun if the fish actually eat these things.

s-l400.jpg
I did that exact same thing on lanier. Caught the biggest spot id ever seen, a catfish, and a small.striper. did that while i was trolling around looking for schools to.drop.a trout in

Back
Top Bottom