• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

XM855 - 900 ROUNDS $449.99 @ Cherokee Gun & Pawn

I posted it as a favor for those that are looking for XM855 locally at a decent price compared to national prices. At $0.50 a round, that has been the cheapest I have found it recently. I haven't seen it anywhere cheaper than $0.55 a round plus shipping (which tacks on a few more cents per round). So excuse the **** out of me for trying to help. Cherokee Gun & Pawn has always been good to me and the ODT. If you don't like it, move on.

no good deed goes unpunished.....

Gas was $1.90 a gallon a month ago - now $2.15 is a great deal.... Supply and demand.

Apples to oranges man. Gas is the only thing my car runs on. Green tip ammo isn't the only thing my AR runs on. Think of m885 as regular gas and now it's gone up in price above medium grade and close to the cost of premium. Why would you buy it anymore?

I want to buy gold from anyone complaining in this thread.
Not sure that anyone is "complaining" so much as articulating that this is not a tactic we expect from a company whom we seem to collectively hold in such high regard....also, to argue that this is either a "steal" or a "deal" is debatable.

That's pretty much my point. I wouldn't buy it. But I don't begrudge anyone who does.

I have no data to back this up, but I suspect the guys who constantly complain about M885 and 22lr ammo prices are probably sitting on a ton of it. If you don't have any, and you need it, you're gonna pay market price. It's kind of like being in a seafood restaurant.

Not being flippant here, but the "Method"?
I'm thinking you mean where it was posted in "Steals & Deals". Yeah, I agree. Should have just been posted under "Ammunition"

I don't have any issues with the ad though. I'm in advertising and I can tell you this ad is doing what it's supposed to do. It's generating attention. Look how much debate there is tonight on ODT, and that's after the original comments were removed by the mods. They'll no doubt sell out of the ammo and it'll probably expose new customers to their gun selection and pricing. Everybody wins.

Back
Top Bottom