• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

xtreme 125gr RN load data for 9mm??

Solo1000 is a quiet fast burning powder that will work for the 147 sub loads. It works best with 124 or heavier bullets; it is hard to get enough in the case for a 115 grain or lighter bullet.

It is also very clean burning.

The down side for me has been that the load for given velosity varies (more than most other powders) with tempurature and from lot to lot.

Seen you mentioned that you have Titegroup, the October issue of Handloader magazine has a whole article on loading with Titegroup. Here is the load for 9MM: 135grain Lead Round nose, 4.0 grains of Titegroup. Vel reported was 901 out of a S&W M&P with 4 inch barrel.

I want to quote the final paragraph of the article by Mr. Charels E. Petty: Start quote: "Some one who read an early draft of this story asked where the list of components, like brass and primers, or the the measurements, like OAL and crimp, were. One of the great attractions of loads like this is that those things simply don't matter much. Maybe they would at maximum levels, but I just want to have fun. Obviously, I weight charges to set the powder measure, and I set overall length either to match a factory round or to fit the bullet's crimp grove. Crimp is checked by the plunk test. If the round plunks into the chamber, it'll do. The brass is clean, but headstamps are random, and the primer that is the most plentiful is used. Maybe I'm pragmatic or perhaps just lazy, but unless I know-or believe-that any of that stuff makes a difference, I would do thing differently; but I don't, so I won't." END quote. That might get a few more posting to this thread.

I would add that in my experience OAL, unless you are really out there, is not the reason a round will not chamber. Generally it is too much belling of the brass to take the bullet. I highly recommend a Lee factory crimp die to make sure that does not happen to your loads. HOWEVER, I will add that I found some round nose flat point .45 round that were fine in my Glock were just a shade to long for my Colt 1911 mag and were dragging just enough to cause feeding problem.

I think you are getting some good advice, but I still say, get some reloading manuals. It is very nice to have the info at your finger tips and be able to compare loads.

Back
Top Bottom