• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all ain't gonna believe this...

Yeah, I was a pretty big fan of SOA, but they went 'full-retard' a number of times. The first one, IMO, was the season 2 finale' (IIRC) where Jax's baby was kidnapped by a guy on a speedboat,LOL !! I was thinking to myself, "this is a full-blown soap opera now!"
Then the next season, when they all sneak themselves and their bikes into Ireland, and go scooting around causing trouble, that was really stupid, and I was just watching out of habit from then on.
Their acceptance of the minority rival gangs was unrealistic and annoying, as was their acceptance of the whole tranny issue.
But, I do owe the show a debt of gratitude for turning me onto The White Buffalo. They played his songs numerous times in the show, and since there's no musical credits shown, I'd have to try and catch a line from the chorus or something, then run to the computer and Google it, and hope to get lucky. The first one was The Whistler, which I thought was just creepy and cool, and I sent it to my brother, and he fished up a whole bunch of others, and we got to be big fans........

"This time is different It's not like the times before.
I crossed my heart, that I won't kill no more.
Jesus watch over me, keep my anger at home.
You better bless these wicked hands.....Cause they got a mind of their own."

1*7MxdVX8bjTjudezYu7gr1Q.gif

Webley!
From the greatest show ever!

Yes that damn sure did. It was must see TV but I don't wanna see it again. That **** was grim. And when they let Opie get beat to death by them two thugs in the holding call I was almost done with it right then.

Yeah Opie was the ****!
His family for the worst end of any stick!
SOA was cool for a bit but you can only escape your funeral so many times...

Yeah, I was a pretty big fan of SOA, but they went 'full-retard' a number of times. The first one, IMO, was the season 2 finale' (IIRC) where Jax's baby was kidnapped by a guy on a speedboat,LOL !! I was thinking to myself, "this is a full-blown soap opera now!"
Then the next season, when they all sneak themselves and their bikes into Ireland, and go scooting around causing trouble, that was really stupid, and I was just watching out of habit from then on.
Their acceptance of the minority rival gangs was unrealistic and annoying, as was their acceptance of the whole tranny issue.
But, I do owe the show a debt of gratitude for turning me onto The White Buffalo. They played his songs numerous times in the show, and since there's no musical credits shown, I'd have to try and catch a line from the chorus or something, then run to the computer and Google it, and hope to get lucky. The first one was The Whistler, which I thought was just creepy and cool, and I sent it to my brother, and he fished up a whole bunch of others, and we got to be big fans........

"This time is different It's not like the times before.
I crossed my heart, that I won't kill no more.
Jesus watch over me, keep my anger at home.
You better bless these wicked hands.....Cause they got a mind of their own."

Only tune I remember from SOA was the young kids band covering 18 by Alice Cooper at some festival. It was better than I expected. But yeah partnering up with the all black MC was the first time I had to call BS on it. Worse than that Kurt Sutter the writer wrote a part into it where his character got ass raped by another inmate. Who does that? I don't wanna be Ned Beatty.

Back
Top Bottom