• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all know about tires?

Do your research a tire dealer is going to sell you what they are a dealer for or what they can get a good deal on. Most only restate the info they are given.
If they are a Cooper dealer they are told why they are the best by none other than a Cooper rep. It’s good to check around.
I remember asking a friends dad about the best tire and now I realized he sold me what was available at the time. I was young and took his word.
Often times a shop will quote you the cheapest thing they can get because there is so much price shopping

Reactions: GFB
I haven't really checked out the Nittos, etc. mostly because they are not as available as the Coopers. The set on my truck now I ordered off the internet, local service station mounted and balanced them for $25 each, and I was still money ahead.

There is a big Yokahoma (sp?) warehouse down the road, and they seem to have a good rep, but have stayed with the Coopers.

Service station is now closed.

:doh:
Toyos and Nittos are made in White (just north of Cartersville), at least some of them are. I got my Nittos during the Covid shortage and they were very difficult to find then.

I’ve had some tires defective from the factory, that kinda pushes me away from ordering online anymore. One of my Coopers ATs had a bubble in the sidewall after install. Dealer took care of it, not me.

Any tire dealer who is factory authorized or has direct access to a factory authorized dealer (Distributor sells to a Retailer scenario) can handle any warranty. Just like if you buy a Chevy in FL and take it in for warranty work in CA, it will be covered.

Back
Top Bottom