• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all know about tires?

Sounds like whatever tires you put on it will dry rot before you wore them out. I agree Michelin is about as good as it gets. I think the BFG All Terrain are about as good an all around truck tire as you can get. They're also owned by Michelin. I have three trucks and that's all I run on them. Not cheap, but a good tire. Costco or I think it was called Smyrna Tire Wholesale on South Cobb Dr was another place. And you can get used BFGs there too. There are a few other used tire places on South Cobb Dr as well

I got 42k out of the Michelin Defender LTX AT2 tires that came on my Super Duty. I just swapped out my Nitto Ridge Grapplers after 50k. I'm giving the Toyo Open Country R/T Trails a shot now. We'll see how well they do.

Been a life long Michelin fan ..... till the last set had 2 of the 4 worn out at 35K on my Tacoma....for a 70k tire.
I use Discount Tire in Gainesville. They prorated the tires and I went with BFGoodrich this time around.

Only got them because my buddy at a Goodyear shop introduced me to them. I ran Kelley safari TSR’s on my last Bronco and they were EXCELLENT! Nice sipping for rain and snow/ice, 10 ply design with a E load range. Maybe I got lucky with them but they balanced better and ran better and longer then BF KO2’s, Yoko Geolanders & Nittos that I ran… Kelley is owned/manufactured by Goodyear and are less money (typically) than their competitors…

Been a life long Michelin fan ..... till the last set had 2 of the 4 worn out at 35K on my Tacoma....for a 70k tire.
I use Discount Tire in Gainesville. They prorated the tires and I went with BFGoodrich this time around.
It does depend on vehicle. I have 3 trucks, all 3/4 ton and 4x4. I get 50-60k on the Ford and Dodge. And only 25K on GMC. All run BFG All Terrain

I haven't had to buy tires in a long time. I'm retired Don't drive very much but the ones that came on the truck I bought used or getting a little worn and I need something else. In the old days michelin's were about the best but I don't know much about the new brands. Has anybody got an idea of what's good. Or saying that what's bad then to stay away from. I'd like something that's aggressive so that I wouldn't have to worry in the winter time it's a F-150 so I don't carry your pull a lot and where I might be able to find something reasonable in the Cobb county area Kennesaw especially thanks guys
Go to Weaver Tire and Break in Marrietta, Family owned and run for over 60 years great honest folks or go to Discount Tire.

Stepside tire in Mableton. Family owned/operated and good deals. Great folks and very friendly. Quick with install, stand behind their work and have better deals than most folks.
Smyrna Tire is also good and Weaver Brake and tire is great too…all Cobb/Smyrna/Mableton areas

Most tires are good, some are bad. Great mileage and performance on one application doesn't necessarily mean great mileage and performance in someone else's application - all based on driving style, vehicle, load, vehicle maintenance ,etc.

Everyone will swear by a particular whiskey, but guaranteed not everyone else will like that brand of whiskey.

There are a lot of name brands that everyone recognizes, but what most don't realize is that these big name brands sub out some of their treads to perceived lower quality tire manufacturers in Asia, and elsewhere.

On some tires, it may say Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Uniroyal, or Firestone, but it is made by a Chinese company out of their Thailand factory, for example, and contracted out by the big tire companies.

Back
Top Bottom