• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all know about tires?

I tried Nokian's on my wife's Honda CRV. Never had them before. They are a Finlandian based company with a factory in Dayton, TN, outside of Chattanooga. Best damn traction tire for a mild tread design we ever had on the CRV. Worked great in snow as well, which is what they are known for, when we visit family often in the mountains of North Carolina.

Coopers. Great tires and actually made in America.
Want to thank everybody for their comments on tires. It's help me figure out a lot. However if you seen my other post about the water damage I won't be buying tires very soon. The toyos that came on that truck when I bought it used are still good except for one has a flat spot and I don't know why. I don't particularly like these tires as they tend to slip when you accelerate in wet weather. Never had any do this but you have to be real careful on the throttle when you pull out when it's raining. I carry my grandkids around a lot so I want something that's really safe. I may check into the Cooper's. As I stated in my original post michelins were my go-to when I drove 100,000 miles a year. So I guess I'll weigh price when the time comes but as for now I think I'll just be running the old toyos. Thanks again guys

I have a
I haven't had to buy tires in a long time. I'm retired Don't drive very much but the ones that came on the truck I bought used or getting a little worn and I need something else. In the old days michelin's were about the best but I don't know much about the new brands. Has anybody got an idea of what's good. Or saying that what's bad then to stay away from. I'd like something that's aggressive so that I wouldn't have to worry in the winter time it's a F-150 so I don't carry your pull a lot and where I might be able to find something reasonable in the Cobb county area Kennesaw especially thanks guys
buddy selling 4 tires and wheels off his f250

Want to thank everybody for their comments on tires. It's help me figure out a lot. However if you seen my other post about the water damage I won't be buying tires very soon. The toyos that came on that truck when I bought it used are still good except for one has a flat spot and I don't know why. I don't particularly like these tires as they tend to slip when you accelerate in wet weather. Never had any do this but you have to be real careful on the throttle when you pull out when it's raining. I carry my grandkids around a lot so I want something that's really safe. I may check into the Cooper's. As I stated in my original post michelins were my go-to when I drove 100,000 miles a year. So I guess I'll weigh price when the time comes but as for now I think I'll just be running the old toyos. Thanks again guys
Check Mastercraft as well. Made by Cooper and I have had excellent results. I not sure they have an aggressive tread design but I have no problem with slippage even with the peppy 5.3 L Vortec in a standard cab truck. Which has a ton of bottom end torque. Even going around the sharp turn mountain road I can accelerate out of the turn very nicely. Now if I really goose it I can get the back end to cut loose but as soon as I let off just an tad it snaps right back in line. On a wet road that is.

Back
Top Bottom