• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all know about tires?

Cooper was a great cheaper alternative for AT and MT tires. They don’t seem to be much cheaper than anymore to Toyo/Nitto. That said, I’ve had pretty good luck with them both in All terrain and highway terrain.
I have run Coopers for 50 years. No issues. American made.

If you are interested in facts, not propaganda, Cooper rate higher than Michelin for comparable tires, but you do get the pride of paying more for the Michelins, so people know you aren't one of the poors.

The Cooper ATs will take you into the woods,, but don't have any whine on the road.

Check Mastercraft as well. Made by Cooper and I have had excellent results. I not sure they have an aggressive tread design but I have no problem with slippage even with the peppy 5.3 L Vortec in a standard cab truck. Which has a ton of bottom end torque. Even going around the sharp turn mountain road I can accelerate out of the turn very nicely. Now if I really goose it I can get the back end to cut loose but as soon as I let off just an tad it snaps right back in line. On a wet road that is.
Several years ago, local service station could get Mastercraft, and owner was real high on them. He could get a killer price, and I got a set. Nothing at all wrong with them.

If you are interested in facts, not propaganda, Cooper rate higher than Michelin for comparable tires, but you do get the pride of paying more for the Michelins, so people know you aren't one of the poors.

The Cooper ATs will take you into the woods,, but don't have any whine on the road.
I'm seeing Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S and Michelin Defender LTX are in the same ballpark pricewise. Where are you seeing the Cooper rated higher? Between those 2 tires, at least, the Michelin seems better rated and more often recommended. I'm not an expert and I'm willing to be persuaded.

ETA - Pretty sure my Michelin tires were made in SC.

Several years ago, local service station could get Mastercraft, and owner was real high on them. He could get a killer price, and I got a set. Nothing at all wrong with them.
Got 60,000 on my Mastercraft and still going.

Just got a set of Coopers to replace Coopers for my wife’s suv. Their HT tires were about $150 less than Michelin and Toyo, and had the same mileage warranty. No brainer there.

When I last got tires for my truck, Coopers were barely any cheaper than my Nittos, AT/Hybrid tread. No complaints from them, I’ve had their AT before and they rode and lasted pretty well.

When I last got tires for my truck, Coopers were barely any cheaper than my Nittos, AT/Hybrid tread. No complaints from them, I’ve had their AT before and they rode and lasted pretty well.
I haven't really checked out the Nittos, etc. mostly because they are not as available as the Coopers. The set on my truck now I ordered off the internet, local service station mounted and balanced them for $25 each, and I was still money ahead.

There is a big Yokahoma (sp?) warehouse down the road, and they seem to have a good rep, but have stayed with the Coopers.

Service station is now closed.

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom