• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yall remember your first Pilot Log?

A tad over 1800 for me.
I have a little over 1k logged. I didnt bother logging more than a couple hours a year in my 20s. I flew them, I just didn't log them.
I did have to cover one eye and tell my friends to be quiet one time so I could land a plane. I'm not proud of that but it happened... time or two

Flown in a few but never flew one. I hear they are like flying a top.
I flew both rotor and fixed wing in the Army. Most pilots learn to fly fixed wing first then transition to helos and think flying a helicopter is much harder. Most Army pilots do the opposite and think flying fixed wing is harder, initially anyway. It’s all about space and time and prospective I guess.

I flew both rotor and fixed wing in the Army. Most pilots learn to fly fixed wing first then transition to helos and think flying a helicopter is much harder. Most Army pilots do the opposite and think flying fixed wing is harder, initially anyway. It’s all about space and time and prospective I guess.
AND a theoretical physicist?
Heavy

AND a theoretical physicist?
Heavy
D50960FC-3C63-4C8E-B496-0E4FDEEA0820.jpeg

Had to Google it and believe it or not urban dictionary had the top answer. Patch is off radar.
Cool
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Flingwing&amp=true

Never heard it before

The first unit I was in had those made up. It was the unofficial company patch. We would ditch the real one and sport it during the Friday afternoon “counseling sessions” at the o-club bar, just in case some red azzed infantry colonel got offended by our jocularity tried to ID our unit and line us for some penis envy lashing come Monday morning.

The real deal company patch is bottom left.
15DE8DFA-342C-47D7-AC89-028FF6E66073.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom