• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Y'all would be proud of me.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I let 11 does walk by me since Sunday morning.

Three just this morning.....two adult does and one looked about 2-1/2.
The younger one was doing all the work sniffing me out, stomping and wagging her tail while other two grazed.

I had my sights on them all, eeny, meeny, miney...mo......but decided to just watch them for a while and see if they decide to come closer.

The little one was getting frustrated with the two older ones not paying attention to her so she bolted off but the two older ones decided there was no threat so they kept grazing on acorns.

The little one came back near them and kept looking at me as if to say " Well at least IIiiiiiiiii am not oblivious to your presence Mister."

Finally after I got fatigued looking through the scope at the older one my arm got fatigued and she spotted me shaking as I was lowering the crossbow and decided it was time to go.

I was hoping a buck may be following behind since I saw a couple nice scrapes in the area but no such luck.

I heard them running around big time in the dark earlier and heard a buck humming.

Going out this evening and no more Mr. Nice guy.......if it's brown it's down.

I passed up 15 deer this weekend. 11 does and 4 bucks. Would have been easy kills, just not what I'm looking for. .

I let 11 does walk by me since Sunday morning.

Three just this morning.....two adult does and one looked about 2-1/2.
The younger one was doing all the work sniffing me out, stomping and wagging her tail while other two grazed.

I had my sights on them all, eeny, meeny, miney...mo......but decided to just watch them for a while and see if they decide to come closer.

The little one was getting frustrated with the two older ones not paying attention to her so she bolted off but the two older ones decided there was no threat so they kept grazing on acorns.

The little one came back near them and kept looking at me as if to say " Well at least IIiiiiiiiii am not oblivious to your presence Mister."

Finally after I got fatigued looking through the scope at the older one my arm got fatigued and she spotted me shaking as I was lowering the crossbow and decided it was time to go.

I was hoping a buck may be following behind since I saw a couple nice scrapes in the area but no such luck.

I heard them running around big time in the dark earlier and heard a buck humming.

Going out this evening and no more Mr. Nice guy.......if it's brown it's down.

What exactly do you mean by that??? Mauahahahaha! :confused:

Just playin'. Like others have said, sounds like you have a good spot!!!

Yeah it's a honey hole alright.

Pretty much a major thoroughfare with two natural springs, pinch points at each spring and I'm set up right between the two where all the trails intersect.

You know its bad when your phone buzzes in the woods in the late evening and you look to see its the deer cooler telling you your deer is done then you look up to see a white tail disappearing over the hill......that was my night of hunting tonight.

What happened is your freezer full? I have just made room for another deer so it's time to drop some does for me.

I hear that.
No, freezer has plenty of room was just hoping to see something bigger come by.

I saw two immense does last night on my way home from work coming out of my woods but I've never ran into them yet on a hunt but I'd like to as these small does don't yield much meat and my Daughters eat that stuff like cave Women..LOL.

Back
Top Bottom