• Next ODT Gun Show - Nov 16, 2024! - Click here for info

Yay! I'm $10K deeper in debt!

Drive your car till it dies.

I have a 2014 Toyota Prius that I got used off Carvana. It was 2 years old when I bought it with about 40k miles on it.

First owner paid the depreciation!

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/ins...appens-when-you-keep-a-car-for-over-a-decade/

https://clark.com/cars/average-vehicle-age/#:~:text=The Financial Benefits of Keeping Your Car Longer&text=Clark says most of a,long-term financial health.”
I did that deal with Carvana ( who I do not trust) where you put your VIN in the app and they make you a cash offer. I had previously seen videos about how they paid too much and wound up with tons of junk they can't sell. Well their offer for my old 2010 Soul base model was $400.00. It's worth more than that as parts. If they had offered $750.00 it would be theirs now. That's what KBB says it's worth.

I did that deal with Carvana ( who I do not trust) where you put your VIN in the app and they make you a cash offer. I had previously seen videos about how they paid too much and wound up with tons of junk they can't sell. Well their offer for my old 2010 Soul base model was $400.00. It's worth more than that as parts. If they had offered $750.00 it would be theirs now. That's what KBB says it's worth.

Dose the 2010 Soul run and drive? If so I can't imagine that you can't get $800 bucks for a running and driving car. Especially in this car market. I know that your in the car business, but I'm thinking that you could have sold KIA fairly easily. I have a coworker who's son needs a basic car to get back and forth to work, because he just totaled his car a few weeks ago.

I like a manual transmission as well, and they are getting harder to find. I wish Nissan still offered them in the Frontier. I couldn't find a manual transmission when I bought my 2021 Toyota Tacoma. I bought it 3 years ago this month.

Enjoy your new car and hopefully it won't give you any problems.

By the time they pay a tow truck driver and do the paperwork they would probably be upside down even at $750.

I would think marketplace would be a quick way to move it. If it runs and drives you can probably get more. If it doesnt I would take the $400 and run scrap man will pick it up for <$350

I'm in the same situation you are in, but I'm going with the Hyundai Genesis, that's what my wife wants. I'm a horrible driver, and I don't care about vehicles.
I'd recommend doing some google searches on your surrounding dealerships. The Korean cars are great, until something small happens and needs dealer service....... That is the one reason i will never own another Hyundai/Kia. Their 100k warranty is ****!

I am the wife---I am glad the car is a stick shift- No transmission problems and it is more fun to drive. Jus' Sayin'
My wife is 20 years younger than me, and a Millennial. She's never even been in a car with a manual transmission. One of these days I'm going to rent a car with a stick and teach her how to drive a manual...

By the time they pay a tow truck driver and do the paperwork they would probably be upside down even at $750.

I would think marketplace would be a quick way to move it. If it runs and drives you can probably get more. If it doesnt I would take the $400 and run scrap man will pick it up for <$350
It runs and drives with four matching 50% or better tires. But the bearings and hub assemblies on the front are bad AGAIN. So bad that it's dangerous to drive. It's about $500.00 worth of parts and who knows on labor. I'll most likely get it fixed after Christmas and either sell it or sell something else like the damn cursed 01 Dakota with the mystery wiring problem.

Dose the 2010 Soul run and drive? If so I can't imagine that you can't get $800 bucks for a running and driving car. Especially in this car market. I know that your in the car business, but I'm thinking that you could have sold KIA fairly easily. I have a coworker who's son needs a basic car to get back and forth to work, because he just totaled his car a few weeks ago.

I like a manual transmission as well, and they are getting harder to find. I wish Nissan still offered them in the Frontier. I couldn't find a manual transmission when I bought my 2021 Toyota Tacoma. I bought it 3 years ago this month.

Enjoy your new car and hopefully it won't give you any problems.
One of my oldest friends HAD a 19 Frontier base extended cab that was paid for. He specifically got the base model for the manual transmission. And then a few months ago he got hit by a Democrat Macongo resident in a damn Altima. And as expected given the value of a base Frontier with probable frame damage it was quickly deemed totalled.

Back
Top Bottom