• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yep, I'm Human!

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
Retired firefighter, exercise nut, ate mostly healthy....etc. 17 days ago I drug a big deer out of the woods and soon after had chest pain and pain in jaws. Immediately recognizing these as signs of a cardiac event I went to ER. Long story short, 70% blockage in one artery, all others were clear, no heart damage but they did put a stent in. Was discharged day after catheter procedure. On blood thinners, cholesterol meds. Down 20 lbs, 20 more to go to get to target weight of 205. Cholesterol down to 163. Lots of anxiety since it happened cause I have always been 10 ft tall and bullet proof. I feel better now than before this happened. Eating clean, no salt, or processed sugars. Going for followup Nov. 3, went 1.5 miles today, and going to cardiac rehab soon. Anyone who can offer advice, their experience or encouragement it is appreciated. New lease on life. Actually glad it was found because I would have probably not made diet and lifestyle changes and eventually had 100% blockage. Every day is a gift. I love my buddies I have made on here through the years and this is the only place I have shared this. My doctor said I had nothing to be ashamed about as my fitness level was great, but I along with millions of other Americans are subjected to the "western diet" of processed foods. I no longer ascribe to the western diet and purpose to eat clean as long as possible. Thanks in advance for info and experience.

Attachments

• 20220927_184655.jpg
    20220927_184655.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 18
I can send a lot of info about eating clean. Was into bodybuilding for years and now actually eat and live to be healthy and not just look good. It Turkey is a life style change. Glad your making the changes and taking the steps to live healthy.

I can send a lot of info about eating clean. Was into bodybuilding for years and now actually eat and live to be healthy and not just look good. It Turkey is a life style change. Glad your making the changes and taking the steps to live healthy.
My son is a professional bodybuilder also. Looking at Mediterranean type but always learning. PM anything that is good for you and tastes good too.

glad to hear you survived
Thought I was having one this morning, bad chest pains, still have some, no other symptoms. But I did do a lot of work the day before. Probably just pulled something. Hurts to breathe.

Glad your coming good… meet you a few times and we had a good conversation… never figured you to be the type to have ANY ISSUES… if you don’t mind could you tell us what helped you dropped the 20 lbs?

Back
Top Bottom