• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yep..... NASCAR is done....

Well, it's 2016 and I think the tenured fans have mostly been jaded, and the newer generations have figured out that it just isn't that exciting of a sport.

It has lost it appeal to me for sure. France has ruined it trying to shape it to attract a new yuppier crowd. When they took stands down at Atlanta and not replace them you could tell it was dieing. the stands have not been full for years at any races i have watched. They used to be packed

Why in the world they ever tried to attract fluffy metrosexual douches is beyond me. It was never their thing and never will be.

France is an unparalleled idiot. He was handed a multi billion dollar golden goose and he is gonna run it into the ground.

Grand pappy is spinning in his grave-and yelling "dumbass" at least twice per revolution .

Confused, there han't been a mass produced car with a separate chassis, (tube or otherwise), for many many years ? All monocoque.

The body panels have to be the same, they will just be placed on top of a tube chassis instead of uni-body for safety. Similar to what they do with the front half of pro-mods.

The idea is, when you walk through the pits, the Camaro Race Car should look like the Camaro street car and not some generic bubble designed by NASCAR with a Camaro badge on it.

The body panels have to be the same, they will just be placed on top of a tube chassis instead of uni-body for safety. Similar to what they do with the front half of pro-mods.

The idea is, when you walk through the pits, the Camaro Race Car should look like the Camaro street car and not some generic bubble designed by NASCAR with a Camaro badge on it.

I see.

I have no idea how they are allowed to called them "stock cars." They have had absolutely nothing in common with actual stock cars-other than an engine block (which some manufacturers-like Toyota-don't make) and round wheels.

Stickers. Once cars were defined with stickers, it died.

It seems like all races are being 'equalized'. I watched the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the rules equalized the Corvettes right out of the race. At least the cars in that class actually look like cars that roll off the assembly line.. well, except the Ford GT which hasn't sold a single car yet.

Back
Top Bottom